Encoding video from Premiere very slow with larger files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encoding video from Premiere very slow with larger files

I'm editing a large-ish animation with Premiere and have an interesting problem. The whole animation is just over 4 minutes long and is composed and quite a few separate clips edited together with a few cross fades. The clips are uncompressed AVI's and I'm exporting it as a compressed WMV. If I export a short portion as a test, lets say 20 seconds, it finishes encoding quite quickly, in roughly 30 seconds. But then when I export all 4 minutes, it slows to a crawl and takes something like 6-7 hours to finish. If 20 seconds of video encodes in 30 sec, then you'd think 4 minutes of video should encode in around 6 minutes but it's taking hours. Is this normal? Are there some settings or anything I can do to speed up encoding the full length video?

Is it one of the 3 files causing the issue?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

There's actually about 12 clips and a few still PNG's where longer pauses and cross fades occur. I'm wondering if the slowdown could be related to some kind of memory limit being reached? But I'm really not sure, it encodes so quickly for shorter parts and then slows down massively for a longer length. Does anyone know why that would happen?

Comment

Specs of the machine?

Comment

Get a gpu set up with the Mercury option

Comment

Working...
          X