"Older" Nvidia card users - fyi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Older" Nvidia card users - fyi

Anyone using an old Quadro FX1700 might be interested in this (unless you already know.)
    Today windows update updated the card driver (hasn't done that in awhile.)
    I was hesitant to do it, but I went for it, and to my surprise, the handling of multiple monitors seems improved.
    I used to use multimon task bar, but after this update I don't need it anymore...seems at least as stable as before the update...
    Maybe it's insignificant, but it felt good to unload one more "thing" from installed programs.

Unfortunately for me, after that update, my laptop started crashing with a blue screen occasionally when I run 3ds Max...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, vlado. I will save often until it proves okay...

Comment

I only managed to solve this by removing all nVidia drivers, and installing the latest beta driver.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

That is unfortunate, vlado! What a PITA...

Well, so far, still stable, so I guess the update will stay.

Comment

Just wondering - whats the version number of the driver you're using? We've a lot of quadro problems in here too so it might be worth trying.

Comment

Sorry have been busy to check, but I just did, and it is driver version 306.97

Comment

Star, thank you. I'm on a quadro 4000 and there's a tonne of viewport problems in max.

Comment

Working...
                X