Max: Hair and Fur + Vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max: Hair and Fur + Vray

Hi guys, I'm having hard time rendering an animated HairMod with Vray, not a vray issue though, the problem is the hair flickers per every frame when rendered on a renderfarm, looks like at every frame the hair is generated randomly with different seed, I'm using cached built in dynamics, also there is no motion blur at all, on the stills I made on one machine everything looks fine with MB but once it's rendered on separate PC each separate frame this flicker comes up and no sign of MB.

I'm using 3dsMax 2012 with vray 2+, HairMod in mr prim mode, motion blur is set as spot3d suggested.
    Also the renderfarm I use for this project is Rebus, and it's rendering each frame on separate node, I guess here is the reason the flicker comes up.

Is there a chance to convert the hair animation in something more vray friendly? like vrayFur but keeping same dynamics?

Sorry for my English.
    Last edited by Slazzo; 09-12-2012, 07:05 AM.

Do you have more than one Hair&Fur modifier in the scene? We some problems with this and we are working on a fix.\

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes, I got 4 Hairmods in the scene.

I've also noticed a 'bug', not sure if it's VRay related but having those 4 hairmods with mr shader override and different VrayHairMtl for each hairmod, sometimes in the render I get wrong shader on hair, looks like the hairmods are swapping the materials between them.

Comment

Originally posted by Slazzo View Post
        I've also noticed a 'bug', not sure if it's VRay related but having those 4 hairmods with mr shader override and different VrayHairMtl for each hairmod, sometimes in the render I get wrong shader on hair, looks like the hairmods are swapping the materials between them.
        It's because that's exactly what they do We are trying to clear this up with Joe Alter.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Hi,
          there was an issue causing the hair nodes to swap between the renderings or between separate frames. If You still have problem with this could You please confirm wether it is present in the latest 2.40.03 or the nightly builds?

Best regards,
          Alexander Kazandzhiev
          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

From our tests here, swapping H&F is fixed in 2.40.03 but we have great memory problemes ( DRA files) back.... we had to change our pipeline to Ornatrix to fix it =/
            http://tatprod.com/

Comment

Originally posted by pingus View Post
              From our tests here, swapping H&F is fixed in 2.40.03 but we have great memory problemes ( DRA files) back....
              There is a memory leak in the Shave&Haircut engine. We've reported it to Joe Alter and we just have to hope for a fix.

we had to change our pipeline to Ornatrix to fix it =/
              That seems to be the better option for the time being.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Working...
              X