Rendering of Polaroid's Fotobar Stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering of Polaroid's Fotobar Stores

How does a company like Polaroid go about hiring an illustrator? This is a rendering of their new store concept. It's not very good, and looks very dated, like the company itself. Do they pick up the Yellow pages, Do a Google search? Or hire the secretaries nephew? Don't you think it is important to show something a lot nicer?

http://mashable.com/2013/01/03/polaroid-fotobar/
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

funny, i thought the same thing about it when i saw that render on engadget.
    looks like sketchup...
    when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

i think, many here made their hobby to job or have a huge interest to bring the best quality as possible out of the engine.

but one point: many customers just want to see what they will get and time is often more than short.

we are doing here for a part of F1/WRC also, and the "visuals" we make... hmm... how can i tell? you would not believe if you see and i would be ashamed to show here!

Comment

I think most non-creative people just don't see the difference between a good and a bad render.
        They look at certain pieces in the picture and notice if familar items are weird, like people bitmaps. But they can't judge the whole picture in terms of composition, colors, shading, etc.
        Marc Lorenz
        ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
        www.marclorenz.com
        www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

well, I am not going to sell out
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

It's probably handled by the design team - it's not their job to make good renders and they don't need to, they just need the bare minimum required to show the space. I dont think it is important for polaroid to have good renders, those ones show all the information anyone would need to know about it.
            They're not selling a lifestyle, it's a cheap store that lets you print out low resolution phone photos.

Comment

I don't know. They are not making an impression on me as being a 21st century store. It makes it look like a 1980's camera shop, which is what they want to avoid, I would think. it is supposed to feel like an Apple store, modern and clean.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
              X