Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop resize when pasting to new document

Hi,

This is really weird problem, i select all the image (ctrl+a) then Copy it (ctrl+c) and make new document (with ctrl+n), when pasting the copied image i get an smaller image!! the original ones is 1000x600 and the pasted 935x600, i really dont understand what is the problem here.

This happened when i was making render elements composition (this is the source of my doubt ), using CS5

Would appreciate some light here, i put my image in PSD (2MB) if you want test it....

http://www.mediafire.com/?5qzui153j7wwozs

Photoshop cannot/does not copy transparency, so when you hit copy it's ignoring (and effectively cropping out) the pixels that have no value, which results in a smaller image when you paste.

Hope that makes sense?
    MDI Digital
    moonjam

Comment

Yep - you need to put some data in the top right and bottom left corner to fix the outside edges of the image.

Comment

File > New and as Preset choose your original image from the Dropdown list.
        Then drag the layer to the new image while holding down the Shift key or if you use CS5 or newer use Shift-Ctrl-V.

Photoshop is just clever about memory management here. Internally a layer is only stores image data for the non-transparent area. This way Photoshop can handle many many small layers with just very little memory (e.g. like hundreds of masks for all 3D-objects in your image). So when you copy the layer to the clipboard also just the visible part is copied. This is where that comes from.
        Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Ok so this was the solution to my mysterious "bug", thank you very much for your answers, good to know the workflow to avoid the problem and the shortcut for pasting to the original position Dans

Best regards,

Comment

Working...
          X