now I'm pissed Windows 8 + 3dsmax + wacom tablet = disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now I'm pissed Windows 8 + 3dsmax + wacom tablet = disaster

With other annoying problems now I got also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIkk2Ig8n6w
    !!!
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

I am sorry to hear that. I'll hook my Wacom5 up to my Win8 machine tomorrow. I'll see if it's an issue for me, too.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I'm Bamboo user and I have the same problem. Wacom sucks!
      :: twitter :: Portfolio :: My 3D Products :: ...and ::

Comment

Same problem here. I bought the new HDTouch and there are lots of problems. The Touch function don't work with Max or Photoshop properly either. I'm very happy unhappy with it right now..
        Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
        e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Most right-clicking in Max works as long as you hold down the button. There are still places where it doesn't work though and you need to switch to the mouse. Incredibly annoying.
          - Geoff

Comment

Not for me.
            Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com

Comment

For the Quad menu you need to move the pen while holding the button to make it appear and function.
              - Geoff

Comment

If Gabe Newell describes Windows 8 as 'a catastrophe' I would suggest it is avoided.
                Immersive media - design and production
                http://www.felixdodd.com/
                https://www.linkedin.com/in/felixdodd/

Comment

Seriously, I detest W8 as much as the next guy, after playing with it on a laptop at home, but Gabe (and Valve) have an economic motive behind their recent outbursts against W8 and more specifically the market on it.
                  On the other hand, the day gaming moves to Gnu/Linux and we start getting proper OpenGL development beyond random experiments and personal tests I will be so happy I might just wet my self. I hope Gabe & co get the ball rolling.....
                  Back on topic: Wacom needs competitors. They have grown incredibly lazy and complacent these last 5 years. Can it be that hard to write drivers for W8 and test them in the environment where their main customer base resides?
                  Last edited by trixian; 10-01-2013, 04:44 AM. Reason: typo
                  Signing out,
                  Christian

Comment

I don't have w8 but I had simmilar problem on w7.
                    This might work.

Problem is not Wacom but windows which overtakes pen control. You have to disable all windows's tablet control + pen control.
                    Then Wacom drivers should kick in.

1. Go to gpedit.msc

\user configuration\adm.templates\windows components\tablet PC\cursore and disable all feedback settinngs

2. Control Panel\Pen and Touch\Pen Options\ Press and hold\settings:
                    turn off Enable press and hold for RC
                    While you are in Control Panel disable everything else that relates to pen and tablet as it's not relevant to wacom

3.Go to start\programms\wacom and start "wacom tablet preference utility..." (something like that) and press Remove under All User preferences.

After this step try to configure your tablet.

Hope this works for you

Zoran

Comment

Thanks Zoran, but I have been through all those steps. Even walked through the whole process with Wacom support. I have several employees of Wacom now say things like "well, it's new tech and still being developed" etc. They know damn well it doesn't work properly.

/b
                      Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com

Comment

Sorry to hear about that.
                        Amaizing!This problem goes for years now and Wacom still hasn't fixed it?
                        I know lot of people who are seriously pissed off with them

zoran

Comment

I found temporary solution. Use wacom 6.1.6-7 drivers plus do this:

Note Edit your registry at your own risk and backup before proceeding!!
                          2. Applied registry fix that worked for Windows 7.
                          [HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftTabletPC]
                          "TurnOffPenFeedback"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftTabletP C]
                          "TurnOffPenFeedback"=dword:00000000

3. Used GPEdit.msc Disable Dynamic Pen Options
                          User ConfigurationsAdministrative TemplatesWindows ComponentsTabletPC
                          Cursors- Turn off pen feedback set to "Enable"
                          Hardware buttons - Prevent Press and Hold set to "Enable"

4. In Control Panel, Pen and Touch, Press and Hold Right Click is checked and enabled.
                          5. In the Wacom Table Properties, under options, Set side switch mode set to hover click.
                          6. Used current registry hack
                          [HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelCursors] ContactVisualisation from 1 to 0, and the key GestureVisualisation
                          from 1F (31) to 0
                          Luke Szeflinski

Comment

BTW my solution only work for WCAOM Intuos 4. The new 5 needs the newest drivers that mess everything up . I don;t get it why wacom is taking so long to fix it. There is huge thread on their forums about this problem.
                            Luke Szeflinski

Comment

Working...
                            X