Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody still using RPC's with latest VRay and Max?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody still using RPC's with latest VRay and Max?

Hi all

All the issues with rpc's from a few years ago aside, is there anybody still using these for either stills or animation?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

I just downloaded the trial the other day. I wanted to use them, to populate a room, and paint over then in PS. I never got around to it. I don't think I'll use them in any other way, other than a watercolor... to me, they speak 1990's.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

They have 2 high res collections thats not bad, but the rest is 70's 80's, nevermind 90's

It started of as such a good idea, now it seems they just sitting back not doing ANYTHING other than recompile the plugin for each new max version.
      If they completely redo all the people and update the stuff, I would seriously consider it an option for the odd archviz job
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

I have a dozen CD's from the 90's with tress, people, and cars. The cars were okay, but I don't use them anymore. I don't think I have used them in a decade.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Last time I checked (about 4 years ago), you could sign up for a 2 week trial, then you can download ALL the rpc's from their servers that YOUR bandwidth could handle and you could use all of them. After the 2 weeks you could use only 5 or 6 demo rpc's
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

yep...that's how it works now
            Originally posted by Morne View Post
            Last time I checked (about 4 years ago), you could sign up for a 2 week trial, then you can download ALL the rpc's from their servers that YOUR bandwidth could handle and you could use all of them. After the 2 weeks you could use only 5 or 6 demo rpc's
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
              Hi all

All the issues with rpc's from a few years ago aside, is there anybody still using these for either stills or animation?
              We got rid of using them about a year ago, then a new client came to us and insisted on rpcs in their animation (as they have used them before). They look naff, but still work with max2012/2013 and newest vray.

And they cost far too much for what they are.

-jaime

Comment

Working...
              X