Modeling service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modeling service

Okay, thus far, I do all my own work (modeling, texturing lighting, post....) But, I am so busy, I need to contract out the modeling portions. Does anyone have any good resources? I need someone to do the non-subjected modeling part. So, I'll provide the sketches or drawings, and they will do the modeling. I am willing to pay 1/4 of what I get for the modeling, but I am not getting a whole lot now-a-days, so they have to be good, fast, and proficient. A typical exterior project might bring in between $1,200 and $2,200, so their cut would be $300 to $550. That's not a lot in the states, so I am willing to look elsewhere. I personally think it's a fair price for here, so it might be a whole lot of money for some elsewhere. If the person is honest, and hard working, I would love to bless someone with good money. (So outsourcing oversees isn't out of the question)

If you have any references, please send them my way. I know of one guy, and I tried him on this first overload project of mine, but he has missed his first deadline. He was supposed to have the model today, which I promised the owner, but he hasn't even started, so it'll be two days late, and I look bad!
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Bobby, I would post an example of the models......from a small house to a stadium for 1/4 is a big different in hours....and also the format...Revit is not a common application for visualization......(We should get together sometime, taking in consideration that you are the only legal vray user that I know in Minnesota beside myself.)

Fernando.
    show me the money!!

Comment

Well, that's why I used a percent. We should meet up, but I am way up north, and I am assuming you are in the cities. It wouldn't have to be in Revit, but it would have to be modeled good.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

This is the type of work I am now looking at. Now, these are renderings, so his expectations are high, and they do large projects. http://www.landrydesigngroup.com/New%20Classic/4/1.htm
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
          This is the type of work I am now looking at. Now, these are renderings, so his expectations are high, and they do large projects. http://www.landrydesigngroup.com/New%20Classic/4/1.htm
          That's pretty fancy. I guess then we can push up the prize for modeling to a gazillion dollars (said with mini me expression)
          whoehahaha
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

whoever they used did a great job, but I wonder why the are not using them anymore. These guys build spec homes... so, they design, build, and then sell, which seems odd for such luxury. You would think, with that kind of money, you would want to be apart of the design process

Originally posted by Morne View Post
            That's pretty fancy. I guess then we can push up the prize for modeling to a gazillion dollars (said with mini me expression)
            whoehahaha
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Modeling on those kind of jobs is 50-75% of the total work load, sometimes more. If you're doing interiors and custom furniture too then it's 80-90. And 2-3k per image is far too low.

Comment

These would be the exception. I agree, complexity matters, and these are pretty complex. I would move the percentage around according to the complexity. Custom furniture would be another story
                Originally posted by cubiclegangster View Post
                Modeling on those kind of jobs is 50-75% of the total work load, sometimes more. If you're doing interiors and custom furniture too then it's 80-90. And 2-3k per image is far too low.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I agree about with all the comments!! they should pay at least 2.5k-3k per image with a minimum of 3 views...and interiors with stock furniture!!
                  the classic ones are easier...once you have the 2-3 type of windows that they have and the wall components is very straight forward.... also it depends if they provide all the info in one shot.

Fernando

I would help you just to see how is working with somebody in town.....every time when I used somebody overseas they don't finish the project on time and because I was trying to find the right person I always modeled my stuff just in case and I was right.
                  Last edited by flino2004; 29-05-2013, 02:45 PM.
                  show me the money!!

Comment

Working...
                  X