Backburner manager issues on Win2003 server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner manager issues on Win2003 server

We have been running Backburner Manager on our Win2003 server for years with only minor occasional hiccups. We have been running Backburner version 2007 in all this time.<br><br>Just recently, we are having this issue where the manager does not want to start up. It gives the following messages:<br><br>ERR Unable to bind:An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.<br>ERR Error accepting connection: A blocking operation was interupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall<br><br>I notice that a whole load of Windows Updates were applied on 21 May (which took frigging ages!), but am not sure if this has anything to do with it. I do seem to be able to run BB manager on one of the render nodes instead, but I would much rather have it running on our central server.<br><br>Any ideas/solutions to this? I tried installing version 3.0.2 of BB but it made no difference.
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

Managed to solve this by uninstalling all those updates. However, I have 3 newish machines running W8 that I cannot seem to connect to backburner manager. I just get the following error:-

error starting udp server backburner

Entire network is running BB2008.1

I have tried disabling the firewall.
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
      Managed to solve this by uninstalling all those updates. However, I have 3 newish machines running W8 that I cannot seem to connect to backburner manager. I just get the following error:-

error starting udp server backburner

Entire network is running BB2008.1

I have tried disabling the firewall.
      What happens if you right click on Backburner Server on those machines and say "Run as Administrator"?

Even if your user is an administrator of the PC and/or network, Microsoft changed things so that it doesnt run any apps or programs as administrator unless you explicitly tell it so
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

After a good couple of hours troubleshooting, it seems that I needed to enter the actual IP address of each server in BB server. I don't recall ever having to do this in the past.
        Kind Regards,
        Richard Birket

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
          After a good couple of hours troubleshooting, it seems that I needed to enter the actual IP address of each server in BB server. I don't recall ever having to do this in the past.
          That sucks if you're getting your ip's dynamic...
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Working...
          X