Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner 2014 is rubbish

As the title says. Rubbish.
    I wish backburner 2008 worked with max 2014 files.
    I have to keep requesting queue control to change anything even though I am already the queue controller!
    Frustrating.
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

how much rendernodes do you have..?

maybe you could use the two node free version of deadline..?

http://www.renderpal.com/
    or take a look at renderpal..?

Comment

Renderpal is pretty bad - the developer doesn't use max so it's only got fundamental support for it.

Comment

I have 40 nodes.
        Backburner when it works is more than enough for my needs! And RPmanager of course

Maybe I should develop my own version of backburner that actually works!
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

did you updated BB on manager mashine? had the same f.. issues with requesting queue control, after updating BB Manager works fine know..
          every yeahr the same bullshit...
          Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
          www.shack.de

Comment

Hello Jonas,
            Yes the manager is all up to date
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I have that happen quite a bit too. I'll be happily deleting things off it for a bit, then it suddenly I don't have control anymore and it says 'user: n.griffiths on ###' is queue controller. but that is me!

Comment

I also have this annoying problem and have to use the Monitor vie remote desktop on the server itself (running Manager).
                Has somebody tried the Afanasy render manager from www.cgru.info?
                www.hofer-krol.de
                Visualization | Animation | Compositing

Comment

There are quite a few different routes to try if you are looking for something free. If you have any decent load (which i would assume with 40+ boxes) i'd say don't bother. BB took us pretty far actually. Haven't tried newer versions than 2008 tho. But all free or opensourced ones are too damn hard to integrate in your own pipeline or are incredibly cumbersome to compile and get going...or both.

Comment

Working...
                  X