Cloud Rendering Solution for V-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud Rendering Solution for V-Ray

I wonder what this will look like. A free service, to subscribers like Autodesk, would be wonderful!

http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/news.html?single=542
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

There's no free lunch unfortunately Someone has to pay for the server time. With Autodesk, you pay annual subscription. But we don't know how successful a subscription approach would be for V-Ray (our own guesses are that it would not be very successful).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

so what is the difference between "cloud" rendering, and err.. a renderfarm?

simply that cloudy services do other stuff besides rendering? im guessing prices would be comparable, since your using the same quantity of compute power...

i am struggling with the whole "cloud" thing.. seems like a load of fluff and bandwagon jumping. plus of course the opportunity for certain massive software companies to get more control over their profits/products...

Comment

Nothing. They are the same thing. Just cloud rendering is more... global world. Everything is now cloud... its like generic green food back in the day...
        CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

supposedly cloud is near infinite amount of cpus, scalable to as much as you can afford. Where is a farm is usually a bunch of machines (a few hundred) depending on the farm of course, cloud is thousands (or so I think anyway)
          Dmitry Vinnik
          Silhouette Images Inc.
          ShowReel:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
          https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

The cloud is still a series of computers, so I am not sure I understand the difference. Here, Lynn explains the cloud in laymen terms!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAW6l...ature=youtu.be
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

The concept is the same. Your up- and down-link usually sucks and you might break all your NDAs

Comment

But, what if your models starts and ends, on their servers? With virtualization, you log into their servers, install your software, and work remotely. It's no different than when I am sitting at home, on my DELL XPS, and remotely connecting to the office. My 6 machine farm sits in my office, which becomes my personal cloud.
                Originally posted by instinct View Post
                The concept is the same. Your up- and down-link usually sucks and you might break all your NDAs
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Well a private cloud is not the same as "the cloud" in my eyes. And their is a BIG difference with data being on your servers or their servers. At least in audits and NDAs Especially if we're talking about companies operating from the US.

Comment

Working...
                  X