Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving out render elements without saving main beauty pass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving out render elements without saving main beauty pass.

I'm not sure if I'm going mad...I'm sure I've done this before. If I uncheck the save file box for the beauty pass and leave render elements on they won't save out. What am I doing wrong ??

Edit: By the way. I only need an extratex pass that contains a VrayDirt shader for basic AO. I turn off reflections, lights, maps etc. The AO pass will not save..
    Last edited by stevesideas; 01-08-2013, 07:22 AM.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

It seems this should be in the problem section. I just checked backburner against the frames that were missing the extratex pass and it is only my main system. The render nodes seem to be able to render and save the pass fine.

I've tried merging the scene into a new max scene without success. I've also restarted my main system without luck.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Can you send a scene for this to vray@chaosgroup.com so that we can try and reproduce it here?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sending the scene now. I've got a feeling it may be more to do with my machine than vray. Saying that, one of the other render nodes failed in saving the render element too...only a single frame.

Edit: A download link will come via yousendit
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I've just noticed that the render node didn't get to render that frame last night so it didn't have a problem with rendering the element as I first thought. Just my workstation it seems.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

The animation I just rendered has just uncovered some more problems. The beuaty pass is having issues too. The HDRI sky renders at a lower exposure value which causes changes to the scene. Only on the workstation when used as a render node.

This is a different animation by the way.. I'm using a vray dome light for reflection only. This is what is rendering differently on the main workstation.
            Last edited by stevesideas; 02-08-2013, 07:54 AM.
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
            X