silly rectangles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silly rectangles

This is probably a real newb one, but why does max create rectangles that have "bezier corner" vertices by default rather than "corner" ones?
    Is there an easy way to switch it? I'd rather have to change the verts to "bezier corner" or "bezier" as needed, as I usually (99%) want "corner" verts.

Thanks in advance.

i guess its because you can also set up a corner radius when creating a rectangle and there you would need a "bezier corner"...
    I havent found a way to get rid of this
    www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Thanks Olli96, You must be right. Too bad Adesk has it that way. They were able to make a box primitive, and also a chamfer box, so I wonder why they don't offer a true (square cornered) rectangle as well as a corner radius rectangle...seems like an oversight.

Comment

Maybe one of the clever maxscript guys can write you a little button to create a rectangle like you want?
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
          Maybe one of the clever maxscript guys can write you a little button to create a rectangle like you want?
          That would be great, but i'd hate to impose that time on someone for something that seems like a minor annoyance (although frequent.)
          Thanks Morne

Comment

Actually, to sidestep a bit, is there a good script for max2013/2014 to make boxes so when converted to epoly, the smoothing groups are removed automatically? I hate having to always enter epoly mode, select all polys and clear smoothing groups. Seems like a frequent waste of time...when would I want a flat-sided box that was smoothed?

Comment

Working...
            X