3D Espalier Fruit Tree model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Espalier Fruit Tree model?

Anyone know of a good source for one of these beauties as a good quality 3D model?

http://landscapegardeningideasblog.c...3/Espalier.jpg
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

I'd cut a small branch/collection of leaves from a tree model you already have and use a scatter plugin. The main trunk & horizontal branches can be hacked together from relatively uniform trunks from another tree model.

Comment

Apologies for diverting off topic, but last night I saw a fallen branch of leaves on the street, about as tall as me, and for a moment i considered dragging it into my car and taking photos for textures at home. Chalk it up to another "you know you're a 3D artist when..."

But back on topic, those leaves are very ficus-y. You could make several clusters that you can scatter about the place, that overall make it look like a climber.

Comment

Yeah i just did something simmilar but vertically using the Guruware ivy plugin and using a custom mesh made from three leaves sourced from an iTrees bush model. worked out really well if you can get the ivy plugin doing what you need it to. And cubiclegangster has the right idea re: trunks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	849955
        James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
        Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Originally posted by duke2 View Post
          Apologies for diverting off topic, but last night I saw a fallen branch of leaves on the street, about as tall as me, and for a moment i considered dragging it into my car and taking photos for textures at home. Chalk it up to another "you know you're a 3D artist when..."
          Ha - I was once walking down the street and saw a nice hedge bush. I picked off a small twig with leaves to photograph/scan for textures. As soon as I did this I turned around to see a police car driving slowly past looking at me. Thankfully they decided not to make an arrest

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post
            Yeah i just did something simmilar but vertically using the Guruware ivy plugin and using a custom mesh made from three leaves sourced from an iTrees bush model. worked out really well if you can get the ivy plugin doing what you need it to. And cubiclegangster has the right idea re: trunks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15710[/ATTACH]
            I've been trying with the ivy plugin. Its a bast*** to work with though isn't it? Didn't get a result anything like yours.
            Kind Regards,
            Richard Birket
            http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

saving a preset crashes max so here's a fairly empty scene with the ivy object and the leaf mesh (texture map not included).

ivy.zip

make sure you place it quite close to a mesh. I was using a 50mm diameter vertical pole. I also had a frozen planter box at the base to make sure it grows upwards instead of all over the place. Good luck!
              James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
              Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Working...
              X