3dsmax 2014 UI really slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsmax 2014 UI really slow

I'm finding 3dsmax very painful to work with at the moment. The UI seems so slow to do simple tasks. I'm guessing it is 3dsmax and not Vray.

Simple things like going to graph editor and trying to add a waveform to a particular attribute can be a nightmare if you click on edit. It takes ages to open the menu which means you sometimes are not sure if you clicked it so you click it again and the menu flashes up and closes down quickly.

Other things like the material editor are so slow at times just to create a new Vray material inside a slot. These are just two examples but it's unbearable at times !

Anyone else experiencing this ?
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

I had to double check which version you were referring to.

2014 has been the best performer for us in almost 2-3 years! Super fast and more stable.

Does this happen with a blank scene? Which viewport driver are you using?

Can you post a problematic file and I can test it out on my end?
    Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
    Midwest Studios

Comment

I experience something similar after a bad crash...Try running the repair from the installation it help my situation.

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
      I'm finding 3dsmax very painful to work with at the moment. The UI seems so slow to do simple tasks. I'm guessing it is 3dsmax and not Vray.

Simple things like going to graph editor and trying to add a waveform to a particular attribute can be a nightmare if you click on edit. It takes ages to open the menu which means you sometimes are not sure if you clicked it so you click it again and the menu flashes up and closes down quickly.

Other things like the material editor are so slow at times just to create a new Vray material inside a slot. These are just two examples but it's unbearable at times !

Anyone else experiencing this ?
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
      Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Check if you have running on background some application that uses Java GUI. We had this problem using Freemind, but probably it happens with others.
        Carlos Quintero
        iToo Software
        www.itoosoft.com

Comment

I've just backdated the Nvidia driver to: 314.07 and so far this seems to have resolved all the issues including viewport freeze and then max forced crash every five minutes. Fingers crossed this is the solution...
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
          X