CEBAS really fears VRAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEBAS really fears VRAY

did you know that this wimps over at cebas replace the word VRAY with ANOTHER RENDERER in the fR forum!

this coward called edwin must be really pissed.

now keep in mind the bad financial situiation of cebas, they even have to charge for updates to max 6 and for extra shaders.

I don't think this is the type of comment we need in this forum. It's neither constructive or perhaps even accurate.

Comment

it´s take 5 off topic so what do you expect?

cebas has a long history of bad marketing and malicious comments about competitors. this is something i would expect from them.

it´s a shame that a company think it has to censor the name of other products. and it´s true, they relpace vray with the words another renderer.

Comment

hehe... go to the autodesk autocad discussion forum and type "microstation is much better than autocad" extol microstation virtues and see what happens....

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by davis
          hehe... go to the autodesk autocad discussion forum and type "microstation is much better than autocad" extol microstation virtues and see what happens....
          the tread would probably get taken off the forum even before you finish typing..

as for cebas: yeah...I'd expect that from them. I remember when I was trying it out, every time someone would post a tread about comparison between renders they would quickly delete that tread, or warn who posted it that he/she could be kicked off the forums.....

paul.

Comment

yes and no....

first, the replacement of vray is more a joke. you can also typ v ray or v.ray and it works. they now that....it´s more like a wink with the eye. if it´s really funny is another question.

second, the charge for updates to max is just for stage 0. this is also an old product and not the current version. there are many plugins f.e. which were not updated for max6. why ? i´m no programmer, but i often heard that developinf under max6 ist much much harder and expensive than before. and another fact ist that cebas production are working under max 6, vray has some problem. this is no critic, but keep that in mind.

third, finalshaders are a bit more than just a few more simples shaders. try them out before you judge. honestly i have to say i thought they will be a part of stage1, but i think it´s also okay to sell them seperatly. and the price is also fair i think..

i´m not a lawyer of cebas..in contrast...but i think we have to stay fair. all products and company philosophies have their pro and cons.

Comment

brazil had better shaders or better say materials then fR and vray from the start.
              as the product made progress they implemented more shaders (like the skin shader).

ok brazil costs more then fR but splutterfish could have made the same move and don´t give these shaders out for free.

what i want to say is this is simply to make more money the easy way.

cebas makes agressive marketing but the product can not stay the test.
              fR stage-1 is still very buggy. beside this, it´s still only fast if you use low quality settings (something edwin tries to cheat the customers with since years).

now you can even see how great the DCP certification is.
              another max version and you have to pay again for your software.

is there a company, other then cebas, that let you pay for you max 6 updates?
              all plugins i own are updated for free.

Comment

talkin about agressive marketing.....when I was testing all three to see which one we wanted to adopt company wide - we were talkin about 20 copies of which ever one we choose - I had their marketing drones (I they were discreet/cebas since FR is a certified plug) calling me all the time asking how's the test going and giving us huge discounts, just to buy the damn thing........I felt good when I told them we were gonna go w/ vray!! :P

paul.

Comment

That all sounds very hard. Cebas was once a frendly and very nice company that had a lot of good and cheap tools. What happend there?

Anyhow I would say to much as long as Vray isn't updating. We are waiting for many serious bugs and fixes since 2 years. Vray is far from being a complete render. Hope this will change soon.

robert

Comment

i don´t know about which company you speak but edwin braun was once banned for his bad behavior from the 3d max (kinetix) forum.

most people i know don´t speak about cebas as friendly company.

Comment

shaders

..about shaders you talked above (and without making advertising), FR has now also a ShaderSet as speciall offer now. Something we have been talking about here a while ago - VRAy XRay shader, VSkin Shader, Fur etc etc.... I think there is a News on the Homepage of Cebas about it.

I am personaly not a friend of MatLibs, since we develop out materials each time from the start, but some manual work (velvet material etc) could be really set as VRayMat type (just to cut the time..)

best regards
                      igor
                      ~~
                      Igor Posavec
                      http://www.3d-plugin.com
                      -
                      http://www.texturebaking.com

Comment

Igor, thats correct.
                        But like i wrote in my first posting, Cebas let you pay for this shaders.

I don´t know exactly but i remember that Cebas (Edwin) wrote on the release of Stage-1 that more shaders will follow, but there was never a word that theses shaders will not be free.

Anyway Cebas will be gone in a few month.

Comment

uhm, sorry, i did miss your post from above!

You are partialy right - it was "said" there will be shaders (but in the Product description there was no mention of it as such what we see now). Word is word, and till it is on the paper, it has no meaning - and so we have now the shaders that come separately.

On the other side, for the people who want to use it in the proffesional work, $95 is really not much. By the studio it is approximatly 1/2 hour (and this is time I would need to set the base Velvet Material in VRay or FR). I am sure everybody can write ("hide) this summ in the Invoice later

best regards
                          igor
                          ~~
                          Igor Posavec
                          http://www.3d-plugin.com
                          -
                          http://www.texturebaking.com

Comment

cebas will be gone ? *lol*

i hope not...no, i´m convinced they are not gone in a few month. and that´s good !!! cebas and fR have a bad reputation. vray is always cool. the story of vlado and this cool forum here is better to public than evil edwin

but see the facts. fR is a brilliant renderer, as much as vray and brazil. i work with fR for several weeks now, and there are more and more projects where i use fR and not vray. and believe me, there are things vray can´t do. and there are projects where just vray can do the work and not fR. and there are some cases i even use brazil, depends and what I (!!!!!!) want to do and not the renderer tell what´s possible or not.

i just use them as tools and not as religion. and when i want drive a nail in the wall i take a hammer and not screwdriver.....i see these things in a practical way....

Comment

and btw. finalshaders are very good, love them. i´m lazy and these shaders have some very nice setting options and buttons hope vray will come up with somthing like that, too.....

Comment

Working...
                              X