State set insanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State set insanity

Does anyone know how to make state sets stop spawning a window and initialising on 3dsmax startup?
    I have no idea how this happened, but now my maxstart seems infected. Obviously I have tested them out earlier, but can not recall overwriting my maxstart with them used.
    I tried opening an empty scene and resetting the scene states as described in some thread somewhere (early onset of dementia).....and overwriting my maxstart, but nothing helps.
    I have discovered that not only are scene states broken, but actively contribute to seriously f@c#ing your max scene. Not to mention what happens when submitting to rebusfarm (and possibly other farms).
    Signing out,
    Christian

I get this occasionally too (the state sets window on startup), but I haven't been able to figure out exactly what's causing it. In my case, the window shows up and then disappears though.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes, that's what happens here too, but that is the symptom of the problem, that cost me quite a bit on a netrender job from hell.
      Initially, my files opened without flashing the state set window, and the world was a happier place.
      Signing out,
      Christian

Comment

Sorry to hijack your thread but I seem to have problems with state sets too, however not quite the same one. My state sets window will open but it's empty, and won't actually let me create any sets. This only seems to be a problem with Max 2014, seems to work fine in 2013. I use RPManager so not a huge deal but would like to get it working if anyone knows why this is happening?Click image for larger version

Name:	statesets.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	850114

Comment

There have been some bug fixes in SP3 for 2014 in regards to state sets so maybe give that a try
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
            There have been some bug fixes in SP3 for 2014 in regards to state sets so maybe give that a try
            Gave it a shot, didn't work. Very strange...

Comment

I'm not sure if 3dsmax loads a default max files at startup or what but I had to go into the state sets dialogue and run the reset all command from the dropdown menu (something like that). Once I did that and re-saved the file, the state sets window didn't open any more for that file. I've had strange issues with the INI file resetting for max 2014 and I lose my custom interface. A bit annoying to say the least !
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
              X