Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS 32bit levels, but no curves

Hi all

Is there a way to do curves on a 32bit file in photoshop? It only gives me levels. I get curves if I go down to 16bit, but then the math for comping is incorrect.

Can I somehow use levels in ps, to get the same end result as the curves in the VFB?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Use AE instead?
    - Geoff

Comment

Photoshop is VERYYYYYYYYYY BADDDDDDDDDDD at 32-16 bit files. Their math is a mistake. Go NUKE!
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Adobe have to rewrite the entire software to work for 32bit. The math is completely different so as demand increases they are adding new features.
        (honestly though, it's a pretty sad joke that they haven't prioritized 32bit a lot higher)
        admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
        Mastering CGI
        CGSociety Folio
        CREAM Studios
        Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

Is there a way to do curves on a 32bit file in photoshop?
          The closest is probably the Color Lookup adjustment layer. It should be possible to utilize it to achieve similar results. You need a way to convert your Curve to a LUT. But if you need the interactivity then that won't help much of course.

Originally posted by Morne View Post
          if I go down to 16bit, but then the math for comping is incorrect.
          Can you be more specific? You need to be aware that you render elements need to be linear for comping. So don't apply gamma correction to them.

Daniel
          Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

The color lookup seems interesting. Any way to export my curve from VFB to be used in the color lookup?

I think I saw something about save or export curves in the VFB in VRay 3 - will check on the weekend to make sure...
            Last edited by Morne; 10-10-2013, 11:57 PM.
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Working...
            X