edit mesh strange behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edit mesh strange behavior

hi, i face a view problems with edit mesh i have never had before since i am on a new machine.

1.)i want to edit the vertex points of a box with edit mesh. when i transform the vertex points with the mouse the form of the box changes with the vertex points.
    when i move the vertex points with the transform dialog, only the vertex points move, but the box isn't affected by this.

2.)another strange behaviour: i select parts of an object with edit mesh, no matter on which level i work - i want to move the selected parts of the object with the transform dialog - only the gizmo moves, although "affect pivot only" isn't highlighted.

all of this things occure only sometimes, not regulary.

3ds max 2013, vray 2.0
    i73970, gtx 680 nitrous driver
    Last edited by max montana; 09-10-2013, 12:39 AM.

Yeah, those things happen to me but I think they are just viewport problems. If you commit the change to the mesh by ending subobject mode and deselecting and reselecting the mesh you will see your changes.

It's just another of Max's features...
    Dan Brew

Comment

thanks for your reply daniel,
      could it be that this is also affected by the graficcard + nitrous driver?
      before i was an max 2012 + gtx290 + directx and none of this things occured to me. with the gtx 680 directx is very slow, so nitrous is the only choice for me.....

Comment

I have seen this at work here on a colleague's laptop. a HP something. Has one of the mobile Quadros.
        In addition to those mentioned, he gets some really weird visual bugs making it hard to do much at all. Spline editing is completely screwed up, and some helper objects draw their on-screen position at the wrong places. It is basically a display bug, but knowing max, I could never really trust a scene where these issues arise.
        Signing out,
        Christian

Comment

Working...
        X