OS Queston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS Queston

Is anyone running Adobe CS6 or CC on an XP 64bit OS?

Thanks,

Scott

not at the moment, but I had for some time. CS6 on xp 64.

Comment

Originally posted by rivoli View Post
      not at the moment, but I had for some time. CS6 on xp 64.
      Thank you for the response. I had a feeling it would run under the XP platform. I find that interesting because I'm currently running CS4 production premium on my XP OS with no issues and when I attempted to upgrade to Adobe cloud, they said CS6 apps will not run on a XP system. I think someone at Adobe if feeding me a line of bovine excrement. So this brings up another question.......what is the current preferred OS? Windows 7 or 8?

Comment

I think xp is not officially supported any more by adobe, so that's probably why they say PS won't run on it.
        admittedly, even though it ran quite smoothly, it could at times behave strangely and stop saving opened files (other commands were ignored as well but I don't remember exactly which ones). it wasn't consistent, and it didn't happen often, but still.. usually, if forced to quit, the auto save would recover any file I was working on in that particular session, but it hasn't happened again since I moved to win 7.

Comment

I run both Win7x64 and Win8x64 with no issues. Lately, I seem to prefer win8.

As a side note: this is personal computers. My entire office is setup as Win7, including all the servers and renderfarm.
          Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
          Midwest Studios

Comment

Originally posted by rivoli View Post
            I think xp is not officially supported any more by adobe, so that's probably why they say PS won't run on it.
            admittedly, even though it ran quite smoothly, it could at times behave strangely and stop saving opened files (other commands were ignored as well but I don't remember exactly which ones). it wasn't consistent, and it didn't happen often, but still.. usually, if forced to quit, the auto save would recover any file I was working on in that particular session, but it hasn't happened again since I moved to win 7.
            I suspected it was strictly a support issue. That's frustrating only because re-installing or upgrading the OS is a major pain in my southern region. Donald, thanks for the OS answer. Perhaps I should bit the bullet and upgrade to Wind8x64. That should last me for awhile.

Comment

Working...
            X