Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RANDOM -VRAY Lights intensity & color temp (kelvin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANDOM -VRAY Lights intensity & color temp (kelvin)

Is there a way to assing these values to a selected vraylights?, fe: i have 10 plane lights and i want a subtle variation of their intensity and colour. I know it could be done by scripting but i know nothing about it (just barely enough to edit it).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arch Pedro A. Solano
    "Save the irradiance map, save the render"
    Vray 3.10.03|3DMax 2011 x64|Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz|16GB Ram|Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
    Follow us on facebook
    Visit us on PSolano

------------------------------------------------------

for i in selection where classof i == VRayLight do
    (
    i.color_mode = 1
    i.color_temperature = random 2500 4000
    i.multiplier = random 30 60
    )

------------------------------------------

Try this. Select all the lights you want to affect. Then before you run this change the values you see in this script to the values you would like to use. For example.... Where it says "random 30 60" This means that the lowest possible multiplier for the light will be 30 and the highest will be 60. So just change the multiplier values and temperature values to the range you would like them to be within.

Tim J
    www.seraph3d.com
    Senior Generalist
    Industrial Light & Magic

Environment Creation Tutorial
    Environment Lighting Tutorial

Comment

Thanks, for the help. I'll try out and play with it.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Arch Pedro A. Solano
      "Save the irradiance map, save the render"
      Vray 3.10.03|3DMax 2011 x64|Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz|16GB Ram|Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
      Follow us on facebook
      Visit us on PSolano

Comment

Working...
      X