What Render Engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Render Engine?

Awhile back I got a call to do some work for this architect. I gave her a real good price, because I know her, but it was too much money. For some reason, I thought of here today, and went to her website. She is obviously using someone, and the image are good from far. I say this, because they do look like photos, until you look close. When you look close, they are really bad, but from a distance, they are really good. I know, sounds strange, but that's the feeling I am getting. What do you think was used?

http://www.harmoniousarchitecture.com/?p=357
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

probably vray from the noise patterns on the interior.
    just noticed the r&d group plants/trees that look like they still have the default material on. so it's quite likely max/vray.

e: they're really bad in places. that floor texture bump being the wrong scale is criminal.

Comment

Yes. Good from far, but far from good. It almost looks like Photoshop. There is no displacement, which is strange. For some reason, they look more like photos than some really good renders, and I can't put my finger on it. I quoted $500 for an exterior, which is nothing, so she must be getting it done cheaper.
      Last edited by glorybound; 25-10-2013, 07:25 PM.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
      X