Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this what autodesk ceo was talking about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this what autodesk ceo was talking about?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11...ud_aws_images/

cool setup, and possibly useful, but you just know they would love this to be the only way to access their software :P

I'm actually somewhat surprised by the lack of any reaction to this; no comments on MaxUnderground, nothing on CGTalk or CGArchitect... I'd have thought it would make some buzz.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

nothing beats good old way of doing things
      Martin
      http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        I'm actually somewhat surprised by the lack of any reaction to this; no comments on MaxUnderground, nothing on CGTalk or CGArchitect... I'd have thought it would make some buzz.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        We were waiting for you to say it's crap, and then just put it in the pile of other realtime stuff that's doing the rounds the last few months
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
          We were waiting for you to say it's crap, and then just put it in the pile of other realtime stuff that's doing the rounds the last few months
          It seems to work pretty well actually, from what we could test. I don't like the Octane stuff, naturally, but I guess it is what it is.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Except some marketing dudes... who wants this ? A serious question. In wich situation would anyone want to use Max in a Browser ?
            I mean an average consumer PC can easily handly most scenes nowadays it´s not that you need a supercomputer for max. Rendering is another thing
            but from what I´ve red here in the forum recently, most people still advice a renderfarm like Rebus instead of the Amazon Cloud. So to me it´s just
            a shareholders wet dream. I can´t really find a scenario where this would make sense.
            Also after the recent events, who would ever upload sensitive customer data into an US based cloud

Comment

Originally posted by samuel_bubat View Post
              Except some marketing dudes... who wants this ? A serious question. In wich situation would anyone want to use Max in a Browser ?
              If I could work remotely from any location without having to install 3ds max, it would be incredibly useful. Also, the idea of running high end software on a low end hardware is hugely appealing. That said, I already do a lot of remote managing of our machines at work through services like Logmein & Hamachi from laptops & ipads, so I am biased toward this approach
              MDI Digital
              moonjam

Comment

I connect to my office workstation from various places all the time too; but do I want it on the cloud, this is the question

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

It's just installing on a virtual box and accessing it remotely, I do it every day. I logon to my office using either VPN, logmein, or Chrome's RD. I tried Autodesk's tool, but I didn't see any benefits to what I was already doing.

EDIT

I was thinking of their Autodesk Remote, which is something different, so I haven't used this.
                  Last edited by glorybound; 08-11-2013, 07:27 AM.
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com
                  e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                  phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                  • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Won't this give acces of 3ds Max to Mac users without rewriting the software. I can't image them adjusting Max for Mac, they can't even easely rewrite the core for Windows.

Comment

If it does it is a paradigm shift. Adobe would tag along swiftly.

Comment

I don't know about that; it seems this is not yet ready for any kind of color-accurate workflow. The ORBX.js codec is a video codec with all the drawbacks - blocky artifacts, color distortions etc. Not sure how it would work with monitor calibration and so on.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

That may be, but time has a tendency to solve that type of problems.

Comment

More info on Max in a browser or even an iPad.

http://www.cgchannel.com/2013/11/new...-your-browser/

Comment

Working...
                            X