Sunlight system accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunlight system accuracy

Has anyone else found the Max sunlight system to be not entirely accurate? As mentioned in a different thread, I am working in Sudan right now, and I can tell you that the sun is currently above the horizon at 5:30 pm here, not below as the sunlight system has it. Or perhaps it just has the time-zones a bit off? Also, as someone who does a lot of archaeology-related work I'm annoyed that the earliest year it will do is 1583, but also surprised that there can be such a radical difference in the sun's position between now and then, which makes me question its accuracy more.

Does anyone know of an alternatives that I can check out?

Thanks.
    - Geoff

I presume all Autodesk packages use the same system but you can find and load custom 'weather' data which will give you something else to play with if you can find it online. Sketchup also has a sunlight system which might be worth testing against...
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

I wonder this too. I'm trying to pre-viz an photo shoot and it dose seem a bit out.

I've got the compass height set to zero. with a real world ground level of 25m. I wonder if it would be better if i moved it up to the ground level. though i would have thought that it takes that into account.

Comment

Working...
      X