Dolly zoom / Vertigo effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolly zoom / Vertigo effect

Does anyone know of a script/tool that lets one simultaneously dolly the camera while counter zooming, or visa versa?
    I don't want this for animation purposes actually, but for manual adjustment when photo-matching. Sometimes you know your camera is about where it should be, but that fov might be off. This would make things a lot easier to adjust the camera.
    Any scripters out there know how to set this up? Was thinking about parameter wiring, but I have no idea how one calculates these things
    Signing out,
    Christian

This might help: http://www.keyframesandcode.com/code...cript/vertigo/
    I couldn't get it working, but I'm a bit clueless at Maxscript, so....
    - Geoff

Comment

Oh, the Max file that is attached works quite well, actually.
      - Geoff

Comment

Nice. Gonna try this one soon.
        Does anyone know how to change the variable cam in the script from $Camera02 to something like current active camera, or active selected camera?
        Maxscript help file is not being helpful when I search for stuff. I seem to remember it being easier to use for beginners back in the days. Searching in it now always gives me reuslts loosely related to what i searched for, or completely irrelevant stuff.

This is the script:
        cam = $Camera02
        width = cam.frameWidth
        degToRad(atan(width / cam.targetDistance / 2) * 2)
        Last edited by trixian; 20-11-2013, 07:16 AM. Reason: stuff
        Signing out,
        Christian

Comment

Hmm. Looking closer, this is only for target cameras. I try to avoid them altogether usually. Especially for photo matching.
          Was hoping for something that adjusted the fov when dollying in/out, or adjusted the dolly when zooming in/out.
          Maybe even something done via a spinner.
          No idea how this would be achieved.
          Signing out,
          Christian

Comment

you could probably do this with wire parameters.

Comment

You do know MAX has it build in right? Its int he right lower corner once u press and hold one of icons...

Select camera and in right lower corner there is square. Click that and dolly in and out..........................
              CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Ha. oh god. The strange thing is that I have even used this before, though it was a really long time ago. Guess my mind selectively deleted this bit of info.

Thanks for reminding me about this one
                Signing out,
                Christian

Comment

Working...
                X