Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all you tech heads (Unreal 3 engine links)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way.... check out this

http://www.nvidia.com/page/6800_demos.html

Comment

It is amazing what the 3d cards these days can do. But what i cannot understand is that why 3dsmax/lightwave/maya's viewport still dosent use these features and dosent even run smoothly with 100,0000 polygons with normal grey flatshading..

Comment

It is amazing what the 3d cards these days can do. But what i cannot understand is that why 3dsmax/lightwave/maya's viewport still dosent use these features and dosent even run smoothly with 100,0000 polygons with normal grey flatshading..
        Maya's isn't bad. Performs pretty good with most types of visuals, but max's viewport engine is archaic. If discreet licensed the unreal3 engine (or any other cutting edge engine) and modified it to deal with editing the geometry and all the other stuff we need to do on a sub object level, we could get that type of performance (as long as our gfx cards are up to snuff), but bear in mind those game engines are optimized to display stuff exactly like you do in the game, and thus in a perfectly controlled environment. So peformance will never equal them exactly.
        Signing out,
        Christian

Comment

http://www.edgefiles.com/download/dl...3engine_e3.zip
          Sascha Geddert
          www.geddart.de

Comment

Nice one Geddart. That link brought me straight to a trojan
            Now i got to do a scan to get rid of it .
            Signing out,
            Christian

Comment

What???

It's a 161mb Unreal3 Engine Movie - it's a zip and inside the zip is a mov file. I can't see a Trojan there.

Are you sure i did something wrong?
              Sascha Geddert
              www.geddart.de

Comment

I am sure you are not!

Comment

The webpage hosting the file makes my avg antivirus scream out that i just recieved a trojan. As for the zip file it self I have no clue. I just make a habit of avoiding any sites that spread virus and such.
                  Signing out,
                  Christian

Comment

Working...
                  X