No announcement yet.

The "Brenda Package" for Blender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My personal render farm consist of 5 xp machines and since xp isn't being patched anymore I have to get rid of them. So, instead of upgrades, I was looking into AWS. It's pretty simple to set up, and with the spot instance it might be a lot cheaper.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Here, is the spot instance going rate per hour. http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/#spot. If you are doing the OnDemand, it isn't cheaper http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/#on-demand.
      Last edited by glorybound; 06-01-2014, 08:21 AM.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

IMO the new Vray licensing would only make sense if it worked more directly.
        i.e. not going though some crappy dealers/resellers, but more like how I purchase dropbox storage, buy stuff from apple, etc.
        Or yes, Adobe CC, but it needs to be more flexible for rendering.
        If you want a share of my 1000 cloud computers rendering out something, OK, I get that. But it can't mean any hassle to me. It must be dead simple and quick.
        I don't know how the current license rental system works though, because I don't need it right now. Just thinking out loud.
        I think the future is Chaos Cloud running on Amazon or whatever (similar to dropbox), not users fiddling with their own cloud setup. That's what I'd want anyway.
        Marc Lorenz
        ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
        www.marclorenz.com
        www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Working...
        X