VR (but not) glasses - Avegant Glyph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VR (but not) glasses - Avegant Glyph

Hopefully this doesn't get me in trouble. I figured it was OK in the take-5 section. I did a few renderings for this, but they aren't allowed on kickstarter, so there's that. The closest we have is one of our engineers showing a quick shot in ProE.
    Anyway, I've tried an earlier prototype, and it Does look pretty stunning. They have some challenges ahead of them because who the heck is going to take someone else's word for it?
    These are not like the Oculus rift. They are focused more on just plugging them in, and it works as a display. So, mostly entertainment. Other applications will come later. Oculus rift is 100 focused on VR.

I thought some of you folks might be interested in this. They do have a working version that has some motion tracking helping out in a game, but that's all I know about that. It should be pretty easy to convert that to viewing 3D renders with a spherical vray camera. But for now, again, it's just a display.

It's already funded, it only took a few hours, so I figured it was ok to show you guys.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-in-premium-au
Working...
X