Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automatic Autosmooth on Face Extrusions or Edge Chamfers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Autosmooth on Face Extrusions or Edge Chamfers?

Automatic Autosmooth on new Face Extrusions or Edge Chamfers? I've been going nuts looking this up and trying to unearth secret shortcuts. Is it possible?
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Only way is the tard way, working with a smooth modifier on top of your stack as far as I know.
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

I am pretty sure that this was done automatically in versions prior to 2010. It was broken in one of the releases and never got fixed.
      https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

I am annoyed by this as well. Pretty much anything I model is all faceted? It seems you would want the opposite of that to be true in most cases.

Autodesk's evil thoughts, "Hey, you know what would be funny? Lets make everyone model things with facets so they have to constantly add smoothing groups as they model. That'll teach 'em to tell us about all the bugs in our software."

Comment

Agreed, it is a small annoying thing in max. Might be worth submitting it.
          James Hall
          Technical Director
          New Zealand
          www.jhall.nz

Comment

ugh. I'm tired to putting anything on the autodesk sites. I get 5 more emails from them after anything, and then they eventually tell me that they took this under consideration and they have passed on to other features that have more demand. But the problem with fixing things that are in high demand is you will spend all of your focus on something that people perceive as really cool instead of things that are useful every day. iRay render is Very guilty of that. Instead of fixing the more basic needs, they create a new shader. !?!
            I had a friend that worked in development as well. He told me he was just as frustrated. Features are all marketing driven, and not actually based on need. They put the forums and feedback sites up just to make people feel like they are being heard. You might as well be posting an Autodesk request on the Adobe forum. ha

Comment

Working...
            X