Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BerconMaps & MultiTexture issues

Hi,

I'm using BerconTiles and Multitexture to texture brick walls (max2012 and VRay 2.4). I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be any viewport previewing of the resulting material, so I have to render every time I tweak the mapping. Should there be viewport previews with this method?

Maybe it's time to look into Vizpark Walls & Tiles, or the other one that used to be Brix.

Cheers.
    -Andrew

Andrew Martin Visualisation

Hi Andrew,

with BerconTile the preview in the viewport only works when you are NOT using realworldmapping. I´m having the same issue with Walls & Tiles unfortunately. With normal object mapping, the preview works fine though.

Hope this helps ...

Best,
    Martin
    ---
    About VIZPARK - www.vizpark.com

VIZPARK is a Autodesk authorized developer of 3Ds max plugins and high quality 3D models for professional 3D artists.

Comment

This is one of the major drawbacks of Bercon. Fantastic tools that we couldn't do without, but viewport feedback is severely lacking. We would be more than happy to pay for an up-to-date version of these plugins, but I am not sure if they are being developed much anymore.
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket
      ----------------------------------->
      http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Martin/Richard, thanks for getting back to me. It never occurred to me that it might be real world mapping that might be the problem with viewport previews.

It's the first time I've tried doing brick walls this way and whilst it's nice and flexible, it took ages to get the different brick features to line up and not get dodgy mortar joints right near corners, etc, all because I had to keep rendering the bloody thing to see what I was doing. It took 5x longer than it would have done had I done it the usual way with texture maps.

I used a template that had been set up by someone else as I've never managed to get my head around the whole BerconTile setup, and that used real world mapping. I'll have to delve into it again and try it with normal object mapping. Is that the way you have done it Richard, or have you given up with Bercon?

If I can get it to work effectively, then I'd think about buying Walls & Tiles, as the rest of the process looks much easier with all the automation. Do you have a demo that I could try please Martin?

Cheers.
        -Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
          This is one of the major drawbacks of Bercon. Fantastic tools that we couldn't do without, but viewport feedback is severely lacking.
          That's not just a problem with Bercon, but all max procedurals due to the way they were written.

- Neil

Comment

Andrew, heres a tutorial i've been following

http://www.klaasnienhuis.nl/2012/01/...3-02-overview/

and also about bercon noise from Neil

http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_educat...ral_noise.html

Thanks Neil for great resource data.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Arch Pedro A. Solano
            "Save the irradiance map, save the render"
            Vray 3.10.03|3DMax 2011 x64|Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz|16GB Ram|Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
            Follow us on facebook
            Visit us on PSolano

Comment

No problem Pedro, and thanks for posting that klaas link, interesting stuff.

- Neil

Comment

Thanks for the links Pedro, much appreciated.
                -Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by VIZPARK View Post
                  Hi Andrew,

with BerconTile the preview in the viewport only works when you are NOT using realworldmapping. I´m having the same issue with Walls & Tiles unfortunately. With normal object mapping, the preview works fine though.

Hope this helps ...

Best,
                  Martin
                  Could you explain this a bit better please. Same as tricky, I've been using it for years, but can't seem to get a correct display in viewport. No matter if I use realworld scale or normal UV
                  Kind Regards,
                  Morne

Comment

Hi Morne,

sorry, just saw your message here. BerconTile is great but a bit tricky. It really depends on the size settings. Try setting the TILING SIZE to 0.01. This is how I have set up BerconTile and it works fine in Walls & Tiles.

Email me directly, if you need further help: martin@vizpark.com

Best,
                    Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelsonic View Post
                      Hi Morne,

sorry, just saw your message here. BerconTile is great but a bit tricky. It really depends on the size settings. Try setting the TILING SIZE to 0.01. This is how I have set up BerconTile and it works fine in Walls & Tiles.

Email me directly, if you need further help: martin@vizpark.com

Best,
                      Martin
                      And then you set the actual size in a UVMap?
                      Kind Regards,
                      Morne

Comment

Working...
                      X