Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What model libraries would you guys like to see done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What model libraries would you guys like to see done?

I'm in a process of creating some model libraries, as a part of branching out of doing vfx I'd like to start creating high quality models for sale and I would like to hear from users on what models or model libraries you guys would like to see created and reasons why? I would appreciate any feed back!

Thanks!
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

well, hate to say this, but really good real species trees, preferably North American..."kept" trees, too, not wild and crazy "deep forest" ones, but ones that are maintained year round and look nice, too...
    I have most trouble finding (quality ones) 3d people, and also neatly made hotel beds, and office workspace furniture like Steelcase, Coalesse, Haworth, Herman Miller...

Also, some more boring things like realistic pivot doors and hollow metal frames with varying configurations of side-lites, transoms, and narrow-lites would be great...

Sorry to start out with such boring stuff!
    Best luck to you...
    Last edited by voltron7; 03-03-2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

here are a few example of where things are headed. Yes office furniture is a must I agree. Others I am considering as well, but your opinion is very valuable

Click image for larger version

Name:	eames_chair_03_BlackLeather.0009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	851496Click image for larger version

Name:	CityLoftSet.jpg
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	851497Click image for larger version

Name:	EamesSoftBackChair.0010.jpg
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	851498
      Dmitry Vinnik
      Silhouette Images Inc.
      ShowReel:

Comment

Wow, those are looking really nice indeed!

Maybe an extensive set of K-series steel joists would be useful for some?

Comment

One more would be (rigged only) monitor arms, like this, but not only ergotron...just example...

Comment

All of this. Shocking how little high quality office furniture is out there considering how many arch viz artists work in that sector.

Mainly task chairs as they are bitch to model under tight deadlines.

Comment

Ground cover planting/flowers/bushes. There are so many libraries of trees and grass but hardly anything in-between - and I'm not talking about potted plants I'm talking about this sort of thing:

Name:	RS9ADKY.jpg
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	851499

Name:	L5TeXVH.jpg
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	851500

We're in need of this sort of thing for a lot of projects and I always end up using 50/50 3d/photoshop.
              Alex York
              Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
              www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

kit of parts for this sort of system would be good, too...

+1 for good garden plants

Comment

Thanks guys! We've taken our attention to office furniture at the first. I think we will stay in that realm for a short while, as some of your requests are manageable.

Also I'm curious, when you receive a model, what are you looking for in terms of usability, for example I find a lot of models that I buy I need to process after the fact, they are not drop in and render ready. This is our goal as well.

For the trees/shurbs, we are considering this as well, but this would require learning some kind of plugin to generate the vegitation, as modeling it by hand would be a very time consuming process.
                  Dmitry Vinnik
                  Silhouette Images Inc.
                  ShowReel:

Comment

the materials on that office furniture are legit, nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel View Post
                      Thanks guys! We've taken our attention to office furniture at the first. I think we will stay in that realm for a short while, as some of your requests are manageable.

Also I'm curious, when you receive a model, what are you looking for in terms of usability, for example I find a lot of models that I buy I need to process after the fact, they are not drop in and render ready. This is our goal as well.
                      as you mentioned nice neat, scene drop-ins.
                      also...
                      1. organized objects, all named sensibly.
                      2. #1 but for materials and maps
                      3. Same model in various scene units etc. i.e. meters, cm, imperial
                      4. For me, it would be nice for certain objects to have a turbosmooth on them with ability to turn on/off as needed.
                      5. For some models, including already-varied versions would be convenient...(like an office task chair with arms, without arms, with foot hoops, without, upholstered, leather, different colors, casters vs. glides, etc.)

but top priority is clean mesh and neatly organized file with good naming of objects and materials.

On that note, no "standard" materials, please

Comment

Originally posted by voltron7 View Post
                        5. For some models, including already-varied versions would be convenient...(like an office task chair with arms, without arms, with foot hoops, without, upholstered, leather, different colors, casters vs. glides, etc.)
                        This.

Pretty cheeky the way certain other sites charge full amount for each variation

Comment

- a vrayproxy of each object
                          - each object in one, single mesh, like design connected does
                          Alex York
                          Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
                          www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by alexyork View Post
                            - a vrayproxy of each object
                            - each object in one, single mesh, like design connected does
                            Yes absolutely 100%

Comment

Yes we have done variations of the models as part of the rnd. Here are few examples.

Name:	eames_softback_whiteMesh.0008.jpg
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	851503Click image for larger version

Name:	eames_softback_whiteMesh_short.0008.jpg
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	851504Click image for larger version

Name:	eames_softback_BlackMesh.0008.jpg
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	851505Click image for larger version

Name:	EamesSoftBackChair.0008.jpg
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	851506Click image for larger version

Name:	EamesSoftBackChair.0008.jpg
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	851507
                              Dmitry Vinnik
                              Silhouette Images Inc.
                              ShowReel:

Comment

Working...
                              X