Windows 8.1 UAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8.1 UAC

Finally upgraded to 8.1 and have to say, once I got it tuned, I really do like it much better. Of course, it's mostly just performances increases once I got it to operate like Windows 7 lol.
    But, I do have a question regarding the UAC nag screens. I've tried numerous things to disable it but it doesn't function like Win 7 once disabled. 8.1 starts spitting out other preventions and errors.

So, has anyone encountered a solution that either disables 8.1 UAC and kills the nag screens?
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Originally posted by jujubee View Post
    So, has anyone encountered a solution that either disables 8.1 UAC and kills the nag screens?
    Yes, you need to disable it like it says here from the Local Security Policies: http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/how-to-d...-in-windows-8/

Unfortunately the page doesn't say what to set the values to, but after some tinkering with the enabled/disabled values I got it to work.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Unfortunately, that method seems to kill Metro and I believe it impacted updates. There's a few things I actually do like about Metro.

Comment

Then I'm afraid no way around it... I don't care about Metro It has not affected updates in any way for me though.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

I just set the UAC setting to the very bottom. Seems to work fine. I don't get any nag screens
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Guys, why do you ignore the best way? Install it, and then delete ur account, and enable built in administrator account. You will be the god for windows....
            I just can't seem to trust myself
            So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
            ---------------------------------------------------------
            CG Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Oblomov View Post
              Guys, why do you ignore the best way? Install it, and then delete ur account, and enable built in administrator account. You will be the god for windows....
              Well, for my part, occasionally I need to test stuff as it will be running on users' machines

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Tried switching over to the default Administrator and 8.1 spat out a ton of errors. Looks like I won't be doing that on my main machine.
                I had actually "upgraded" as a test - didn't quite want to lose all of my data although that's pretty much what happened anyways as I found out.
                A project came up and I was stuck working with it.
                I would never recommend a Windows upgrade to anyone but tried it as an experiment for my first time to see what would happen lol.

Comment

I used Win 8 for 10 months or so last year. It definitely has some nice things about it, but everything just works better in Windows7, so I went back. My biggest issue was that I could never find a way to get Win8 pen drivers completely out of the way of Wacom drivers. And there were some other problems that I can't remember right now.
                  - Geoff

Comment

Tried switching over to the default Administrator
                    It must be done on fresh install. Right after u see the desktop. It worked everytime on every windows. Never had any problems with accounts rights or whatever...
                    I just can't seem to trust myself
                    So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
                    ---------------------------------------------------------
                    CG Artist

Comment

Working...
                    X