Cloth offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloth offset

It's been too long since I used cloth...so I am getting odd issue making a simple blanket on a sofa.
    See attached pic. Why does the cloth stay away from the collision object?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cloth offset q.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	415.7 KB
ID:	879689
    Adjusting cloth settings so far seems to have no affect.
    I've gotten it to work properly in another scene using the same default cotton setting.

Thanks in advance

From your thread title I'm assuming you've done this already but the first thing I'd look at is the Offset setting for the collision object in the 'Object Properties' of the Cloth modifier. Lowering this should help.

If that doesn't/hasn't worked could you upload that scene with just the collision object and cloth?
    MDI Digital
    moonjam

Comment

Originally posted by AJ Jefferies View Post
      From your thread title I'm assuming you've done this already but the first thing I'd look at is the Offset setting for the collision object in the 'Object Properties' of the Cloth modifier. Lowering this should help.

If that doesn't/hasn't worked could you upload that scene with just the collision object and cloth?
      Well, I was going to try your idea, but something else is really wrong.
      Now, the simulation finished, but clicking Object properties does nothing. I have to delete the cloth and start over every time.
      Also, when pressing simulate damped, the process window is missing all of a sudden. Tried the Alt+Space+M fix but no help.
      I'll try to upload a file for examination.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi AJ,

Looks like that was it (offset of collision objects.)
        Odd, somehow it worked fine before so I never saw that setting, lol.

Many thanks...

Oh, and I was confused about the progress window and stuff I mentioned above

Comment

Cool!

Don't sweat the confusion. The first rule of any dynamics simulation is 'stare at the settings and cry'.
          MDI Digital
          moonjam

Comment

Originally posted by AJ Jefferies View Post
            Cool!

Don't sweat the confusion. The first rule of any dynamics simulation is 'stare at the settings and cry'.
            lol, looking forward to drying my eyes after a fretful morning. Thanks again for your help.

By the way, in case anyone looks at this, I had decent results changing the collision objects amount to around 0.35 (but it must be totally different per scene, objects.)

Comment

Working...
            X