X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok; will see what can be done about it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

my workflow currently:

- hide my water objects (material has affect shadows ticked as otherwise it looks weird)
      - unhide my specially prepared caustics water (material has affect shadows unticked) the water is set not to be visible to camera
      - calculate the caustics with about 7500 subdivs on the direct light (takes about 10 mins per frame)
      - let it render on progressive for a few mins (caustics render element gets clean really quickly)
      - comp it together with the normal render
      www.peterguthrie.net
      www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
      www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

(and of course I have the water generating caustics but nothing else in the scene to try and speed it up)

i can send you a stripped down scene if you want Vlado
        www.peterguthrie.net
        www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Slightly off topic, but I have always wanted a "wave generator" like this, where I feed it a shape (closed 2d spline) for the water surface, let it simulate a bit so waves propagate all through the surface and bounce off the edges, and then just have it let me export a displacement map for the waves (still or sequence) to use in vray.
          This would be great for lakes and pools. Tried using a flex-setup that does something similar some time ago, but it is crazy slow and unstable, and not exactly fast to set up.
          Does anyone know of something remotely like this?
          Signing out,
          Christian

Comment

Originally posted by trixian View Post
            Slightly off topic, but I have always wanted a "wave generator" like this, where I feed it a shape (closed 2d spline) for the water surface, let it simulate a bit so waves propagate all through the surface and bounce off the edges, and then just have it let me export a displacement map for the waves (still or sequence) to use in vray.
            This would be great for lakes and pools. Tried using a flex-setup that does something similar some time ago, but it is crazy slow and unstable, and not exactly fast to set up.
            Does anyone know of something remotely like this?
            me too - posted about it here: http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...ter-simulation
            www.peterguthrie.net
            www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Ah, sorry for hijacking. I thought I might have read something along these lines earlier. Obviously I'm too lazy to do a search sometimes
              Signing out,
              Christian

Comment

Working...
              X