Picture frame generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture frame generator

Anyone know if something like this exists? We regularly have to populate our scenes with pictures. I normally use a rectangle and sweep with various settings. Copy it and sweep again for added detail. Copy it and extrude to create the picture glass. Copy it and UVW map it for adding a photo/painting.

Its a bit tedious.

It would be really good to have some sort of picture frame generator script. I'd happily pay...
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

Instead of copying them all the time, create your original "base" spline. Then reference this one 3 times (or how ever many you need for the detail)
    Then sweep the one, extrude the other etc.

So then you will have 3 splines or however many to create 1 frame with all the detail etc.

Then copy the whole lot and just adjust the vertices of the base mesh, and the other 2 or 3 meshes will resize. So then to resiuze 1 frame all you need to do is adjust its vertices of the base spline

This trick also works for signage with center glow, outer metal parts, diffferent backing.
    Or for shopfronts to follow bulkheads or tiling curves etc
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
      Instead of copying them all the time, create your original "base" spline. Then reference this one 3 times (or how ever many you need for the detail)
      Then sweep the one, extrude the other etc.

So then you will have 3 splines or however many to create 1 frame with all the detail etc.

Then copy the whole lot and just adjust the vertices of the base mesh, and the other 2 or 3 meshes will resize. So then to resiuze 1 frame all you need to do is adjust its vertices of the base spline

This trick also works for signage with center glow, outer metal parts, diffferent backing.
      Or for shopfronts to follow bulkheads or tiling curves etc
      This is pretty much what I do already. The thing is, if I have a wall with 15-20 different 'random' frames/pictures, it becomes tedious in the extreme. Would be great to click and a picture appear, then I shift it into position.
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket

Comment

What would be 'even cooler' is if you could point the script to a folder of images (photos) and it will generate random frames (or frames with the same profiles) to the correct aspect ratio.

I wish I could write scripts...
        Kind Regards,
        Richard Birket

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
          What would be 'even cooler' is if you could point the script to a folder of images (photos) and it will generate random frames (or frames with the same profiles) to the correct aspect ratio.

I wish I could write scripts...
          This would be fantastic, I agree its such a tedious aspect.

While the instanced spline method is ok, it is long when you're doing lots and lots of frames constantly.

Some sort of script where you could define thickness of frame, mount board, etc. that would automagically create the frames at right ratio for the selected jpgs...

Comment

This would be a very useful script.

I've made frames so many times that I now have a library of around 50+ which I just merge in and adjust as needed, but a script to do this would be most welcome, especially if it worked out the aspect for different maps.
            Alex York
            Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
            www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

I saw a script here once, that generated planes using specified selected images. It did not add an outer frame or matte, but it would make the plane in the proportions of the bitmap automatically. Maybe someone could edit/start with that one...definitely would be a very handy script.
              Well, here is one that is basically the same idea...
              Last edited by voltron7; 14-07-2014, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alexyork View Post
                This would be a very useful script.

I've made frames so many times that I now have a library of around 50+ which I just merge in and adjust as needed, but a script to do this would be most welcome, especially if it worked out the aspect for different maps.
                I wish I was that organised!
                Kind Regards,
                Richard Birket

Comment

Another possibly useful tool here:
                  http://jokermartini.com/plane-plus/

I'm sure it wouldn't be super difficult to create a script to do everything from loading the images, sizing image planes and creating a frame around it...
                  James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                  Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Working...
                  X