Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autodesk Composit Link and AE

Hi Guys,

I am experiencing some odd behavior with camera matching in AE using compositor link in 3ds Max. Does anyone have any experience with it that may be able to help? Basically the imported geometry comes in as held keyframes but also changes orientation at random keyframes. The camera match is perfect in terms of position but when I apply motion blur, because the orientation flips at certain frames it causes the blur to be all wrong and spin around.

I have done the exact same process on a previous job and it worked with no issues. I cant see what I may have done wrong this time. Here is an AE file if anyone could take a look. You will notice in the Z rotation of the object it flips from + to - and I tried setting all keys to + but it doesn't fix it. It improves it but its still not quite right.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ion%20Blur.aep

I use this script: http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/sc...amera-exporter

Works perfectly for me.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hmm, I cant get it work. It just comes in blank in AE. Would you mind exporting this scene and see if it works for you? http://sk-films.com/downloads/Sk-Fil...%20v.0.9.6.zip

Comment

I'll give it a go. Are you using max 2015 ? I've only got max 2014 installed at the moment.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I think you've linked me to the script file.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Oops sorry, here is the correct link and as 2014 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...tch%202014.zip

Comment

Here is a link to a post I made on Autodesk forum. It explains in a bit more detail the issues I am having and a link to an AE file to demonstrate, http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-Ma...E/td-p/5160271

Comment

I'm not sure about the problem you are having but I'll export out and hopefully that will work for you. Fingers crossed.
                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I think it's to do with your viewing angle. You are currently viewing from the top and I think maybe that is confusing the AE script or AE. I think if you were to rotate your entire scene by 90 degs so that the plane was facing the front it might work.
                  Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I've tried rotating the scene components but can't seem to do it without f'ing up the rotation and position. I think you might have to set it up again with the camera looking toward the horizon. I'm not 100% sure this will work but I would give it a go.
                    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hmm, I wouldn't have thought that would be an issue, a camera can be in any position in theory. I cant rotate without having to re-do the keys though and this isn't the only scene Thanks for looking.

Comment

Hmm I just tried a new scene and it doesn't work. Its just a teapot and a camera. When I import into AE I just get a red square.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-07-21 15.39.07.png
Views:	1
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	853847Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-07-21 15.39.18.png
Views:	1
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	853848

Comment

The red square pivot point will be set at the datum for the object you exported. Make sure you export the camera and check the play range box.

Update: This script definately works btw. I've used it many times in past projects without issues.
                          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Ah so it doesn't actually export the object itself? Thats no good for me. I need the object and the camera in AE.

Comment

Ah sorry no. Only the tracking data for each object. I think normally you have to render out the scene and then use tracking data inside AE for composition. I'm not even sure you can import objects from max into AE unless you use something like the video copilot element 3d plugin or trapcode form. I think cinema 4d works better with AE in that respect.
                              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                              X