Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8 Pro

Hey all,

So I had been running Windows 8 Pro for about a year now and until reacently my PC just crashed out!...Just refused to boot to the OS and would not recover with any of the built in recovery option...sucks!...luckly all my data is on diferent drives... So I decided to re-formant it to Windows 7 Pro...I'm still on the 30 day left for activation and before I shell out for a new Windows 7 Pro licences, and I thought I would ask if there was any advantage of running Windows 8 vs. Windows 7 in Max and Vray? and the typical comp stuff like Photoshop, After Effects ect... I never really liked the Windows 8 UI and never used the "metro" style apps and used a 3rd part app to get my start menu back.

has anyone had similar experiances with Windows 8 Pro? Just not sure if I shoul give it another shot of stick to what I know works.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Eric
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas A. Edison

So I called Microsoft and told them I wanted to downgrade my Windows 8 Pro licenses to 7, they just gave me a new Windows 7 Pro license...They didn't even ask for my Windows 8 Pro product key.
    Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Heh, that's great

To answer your question, there isn't really any differences between Windows 7 and Windows 8 as far as rendering is concerned.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by eyepiz View Post
        So I called Microsoft and told them I wanted to downgrade my Windows 8 Pro licenses to 7, they just gave me a new Windows 7 Pro license...They didn't even ask for my Windows 8 Pro product key.
        whoa. I need to try this.
        windows 8 has been causing me some grief recently.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Heh, that's great

To answer your question, there isn't really any differences between Windows 7 and Windows 8 as far as rendering is concerned.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I'm back up and running with Windows 7 Pro!...as far as rendering, no difference, as far as Max, it just seems to work smoother the UI was kind of clucky and did some weird scaling thing with some menus like it would pause and blur them out for a split second, Max in general just feels smother and snappier on windows 7.
          Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Working...
          X