Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Quadro Cards - Real of Counterfeit

Hello,

I was curious, does anyone know if these are for real or are they knock-off's?

Thanks

Scott

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...ics-card.xhtml

They seem legit.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/buy_now...html?id=QD6000
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gp...pu=Quadro+6000

The only website to look at when choosing a video card. Looks like they slashed the price to get rid of them, they've been around since 2011.

Comment

GET titan black

Comment

Got a 4000 here (not a k4000) and it's nothing to write home about, I'd imagine the 6000 is similar. Gtx 780 and more render power is a better use of your cash for 3dsmax and vray I reckon!

Comment

I agree - The 780Ti outperforms a titan black at under half the cost. if it still costs too much, get a 780. There's basically no other card worth buying.

Comment

my suggestion is that has more ram, the TITAN

Comment

Thanks......If Amazon has had the card for awhile then that would explain it. I do have one question. Perhaps someone could help me wrap my simpleton mind around this. I don't consider myself a hardware geek but how can a card as robust as the K6000, with it's chip set architecture, ram, etc....not be able to out perform the titan cards by a large margin? If that is the case, then why develop a card like this in the first place?

Comment

E: It's a 4 year old card that wasnt top of the line when it came out.
                  viewports used to be different from the way games work, now they're pretty similar and more hardware advancements happen in games. those cards are still useful in software like microstation or nurbs based design tools (where people design for manufacture at absurd levels of detail) but they make very little difference in max. the nitrous viewport is getting max even closer to how game engines work.

Honestly i'm not even sure if the difference is that big even for cad anymore - however they can make a shitload of money off them and a lot of companies get bullied into buying them when building machines, being told "a geforce isn't officially supported!" like having 'support' actually makes a difference. if your geforce breaks you can still get it rma'd.
                  It amazes me how many people still buy into the workstation hype - we tried to get some machines built recently and they refused to put anything other than quadros in the machines so we just went to someone else to build them.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/40080/geforce-gtx-980-rumored-to-use-170w-but-offer-gtx-780-ti-performance/index.html

this might be big.
                  170w, $500, and higher stock performance than a 780ti. I would wait for this if you're looking at a new card and not in too much of a rush.
                  Last edited by Neilg; 08-09-2014, 12:00 PM.

Comment

this might be big.
                    170w, $500, and higher stock performance than a 780ti. I would wait for this if you're looking at a new card and not in too much of a rush.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for shedding some light on this. I'm not in a big hurry at this very moment.....perhaps 2 to 3 months. I have some pretty old equipment and its time to upgrade. Please see below for the software I use:

Max / Vray
                    AE with Element 3D and other misc. plug-ins
                    Rayfire
                    Photoshop
                    Premiere

Based on this......still think the 780 is the best bet or the upcoming 170w?

Thanks again

Scott

Comment

I'd keep an eye on that upcoming card. it's cheaper, uses less power and is slightly more powerful - basically a total replacement of what is already the best card on the market.
                      No idea on the release date though. if it gets announced as being in the new year just go with a 780ti

Comment

Working...
                      X