Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAXScript - How can I auto install a script to Pre-Render scripts and other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAXScript - How can I auto install a script to Pre-Render scripts and other?

Hi all

1)
    OK seems to encrypt your scripts are easy as pie, but could somebody point me in the right direction of how to get users to run it so it install the script? For example I have a script that should go into Pre-Render scripts, but to explain that to some users can be tricky so I just want them to drop it into the viewport or run it via Maxscript > Run Script and then it should install/load the encrypted script into Pre-Render scripts.

2)
    Similarly, how can I get users to install/run a script, so that next time it appears in their script folder without them manually copying it to there? So 1st time they drag drop the encrypted script into viewport from anywhere, but next time it will be in their script folder or even available to add to toolbar or quadmenu?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Sorry for the shameless bump, but I'm sure somebody has an answer...
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

For any stuff like this I normally do a search on scriptspot for another script that's done what I want to do and then reverse engineer. You're looking at all of the "external files methods" bits in the help docs to do windows copy and paste things, and then some of the preset paths stuff as max has some paths built in as maxscript commands so you can automatically find startup folders and what not!

Comment

ooops sorry replied in wrong thread...

Thanks will c what I can find
        Last edited by Morne; 15-01-2015, 07:03 AM.
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Working...
        X