question about foilage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about foilage

Can someone recommend foliage plugins that work well with V-Ray? I haven't needed them till now as 98% of what Ive been doing is more industrial product renderings and now I have to build a site surrounded by a forest and foliage. Also I'm looking for recommendations where I can get really good SEAMLESS maps for the ground, dirt, gravel, mud...

TIA

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Forest Pack Pro. I bang on about it all the time but it's basically perfect for what it does. The presets are really, really solid and they now have presets for huge expanses of rocks/deserts as well as grass. Very useful indeed. It's just really solid and fast, which is the main benefit, for me, and they're constantly improving it.

As for libraries to go with it, that's a bigger question and I'd love to hear people's recommendations. So far I've been using most of the HQTrees/Plants packs and some Evermotion, as well as lots of custom stuff. If anyone has others they'd recommend please let us know.
    Alex York
    Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
    www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Cool beans Ill check out Forest Pack Pro tkx
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

In addition to trees libraries from evermotion, vizpark, maxtree and hqplants I also use Laubwerk plants. It had some issues when first released but now it's very reliable and works well with forestpack.
        When I need very specific trees I try to model the them in growfx. But that takes a lot of time !
        I recently tried atree3d : it's a free plugin to model plants. It lacks all the advanced stuff growfx has but it allows to create trees in a fraction of the time.

mekene

Comment

My ADD wont let me model trees lol, I get 2 min in, get bored and start modeling bunnies or something completely unrelated. Also Im looking for hir rez high quality ground maps to make a gravel drive pad, dirt and paved roads and dirt for wheat fields
          Cheers,
          -dave

Comment

you can do the gravel drive in forestpack with real grains...

to be honest youd be better for the others getting a few maps from cgtextures and mixing them up in PS to get the result you want, the using forestpack to scatter wheat, stones, leaves etc to cover the mapness.

as you can see forestpack is popular

Comment

Originally posted by theedge View Post
              In addition to trees libraries from evermotion, vizpark, maxtree and hqplants I also use Laubwerk plants. It had some issues when first released but now it's very reliable and works well with forestpack.
              When I need very specific trees I try to model the them in growfx. But that takes a lot of time !
              I recently tried atree3d : it's a free plugin to model plants. It lacks all the advanced stuff growfx has but it allows to create trees in a fraction of the time.
              Thanks for these. I'm very tempted to try out these new Laubwerk trees.

Does anyone have any good ground cover planting packs? I'm talking shrubs, bushes and groups of flowers etc. The sort of thing useful for covering grassy areas around houses etc.
              Alex York
              Founder of Atelier York - Bespoke Architectural Visualisation
              www.atelieryork.co.uk

Comment

Lots of very usable green stuff here:
                http://rendering.ru/ru_en/models.html

Comment

Just wanted to chime in here again and thank you all again for the recommendations. I ended up getting Forest Pro and after using it for a few weeks, WOW I love it! The overall versatility of the application is incredible and fairly easy and straightforward to use.

Thanks again,

Dave.
                  Cheers,
                  -dave

Comment

Hi Dave, our bundles Real Trees and Real Grass include some seamless ground textures. Maybe they suit your needs: http://www.vizpark.com/shop/real-grass/
                    Just scroll down a bit on the product description and you´ll see what I mean...
                    ---
                    About VIZPARK - www.vizpark.com

VIZPARK is a Autodesk authorized developer of 3Ds max plugins and high quality 3D models for professional 3D artists.

Comment

there is always onyxtrees and their other packages for plants.
                      mh

Comment

Working...
                      X