Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max rendering problems - please help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max rendering problems - please help!!!!

Hi, we are having major problems rendering on one of our render nodes. After rendering a couple of frames an error message appears (see attached file). We have tried replacing the ram in the machine but still this message appears.
    The specs of the machine are HP wx8000 Dual xeon 3.2, 2 gig ram, 2 HDDs 40gig and 400gig, Nvidia 380xgl 64mb. Windows XP

If anyone could help me with this problem it would be greatly appriciated

Cheers
    Chris Jackson
    cj@arcad.co.nz
    www.arcad.co.nz

Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

could be a virtual memory problem........try maxing that out......and shut down services that you don't need in WIN XP background....some tend to eat up VM.....and create error like these when max tries to access that.....

paul.

Comment

Cocolas, thanks for that advice, i will have a play with the virtual memory.

I will let you know what the results are

Chris Jackson
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

also an issue I run into is if you use that computer for accessing/viewing the web, you might have some kinda spyware or adware that installed on your comp w/ out you knowing, and it's running in memory eating up VM till a program request it....then it crushes.

I had,
        something like that last week, and it was consumming my VM, so when max needed it, it would crush to a similar error to yours.

I run Adaware and Spybot and between the two it got rid of the service....

paul.

Comment

Thanks Paul, Everything seems to be working. I upped the VM and it worked.

I will have a look into the spyware situation on that workstation.

Cheers
          Chris Jackson
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I thought the problem was obvious, your memory at "0x00001d99" was referenced by an instruction at "0x00909992". Just joking. Don't you love windows error messages, they're so helpful at solving problems. (I was being sarcastic )

-Matt

Comment

good,

glad it worked for ya

I usually up my VM as high as it goes...I think 4096 MB is the most you can have it at.......

paul.

Comment

when ever i get that message its because my color mapping dark is more than 2 and light setting is put to 1500 above.
                Reza Bahari
                visual3d@streamyx.com
                013-3428162

Comment

Chris,

When i get error messages like that, i type 'em out between " " in Google and do a search. It has to be between paratheses so that google searches for that sentence. I have always managed to find the reason behind these cryptic error messages this way, usually through links to forum messages that come from the search. I know you fixed the problem, but it may be worthwhile looking into it a bit further. If you can be bothered that is

Regards,

Marc
                  -------------------------------------------------------

"...and we all know how paintful THAT can be, don't we?"

Comment

Working...
                  X