Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lossless Codecs ? (for Free?)

Hi all, next question

Since I start working on compositing and longer animations and am not satisfied with the current codecs available in the production pipeline (so currently working uncompressed which is very space consuming on the harddrives) I was wandering if somebody has experience with lossless codecs that do not need special hardware (such as Targa or Matrox cards).

In my opinion my workstation is not necessarily in the need to get help by a NLE-Card (double xeon w./ 2GB Ram).
    I discovered a codec from the russian company alparysoft, but the current version has an issue with premiere and is not suitable for me.

The Huffyuv codec lets my explorer crash and this is very enerving.

So I keep working uncompressed.

I know a few people using Huffyuv and they have no problems at all, so don't know why yours is crashing...

/Thomas
    www.suurland.com
    www.cg-source.com
    www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

Yes, HuffYUV is great.
      Do not expect much from it's compress ratio (2:1) even if it's already helpfull. And be sure to get the latest version.

Comment

Hi and thx for the replies,

I got the new version from Alpary and it's great and now working with Premiere also. It's compression ratio is much better then huffyuv and I'll give it a try now.

Daniel

Comment

Cool,

let us know if you're satisfied with Alpary then as I've never had a problem with HuffYUV but it's compression ration.

Thx.

Comment

Working...
          X