Arch vis physical models you see in lobbies etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch vis physical models you see in lobbies etc

I've been asked by a client to produce a 3d model and then turn that into a physical scale model for viewing.

Does anyone know any companies that supply this kind of service ? Do you think 3d printing would be a good solution ? I'm thinking not because of the time it would take.

Any help appreciated.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

I have used Franz Reprographics, out of Minneapolis, for the 3d printing. It was expensive!
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Ive had a couple done in the past and I used the local university and hired 1 or 2 architecture students to build them and they worked out great.
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Most of them are still done by hand and cost a frightening amount.

getting students to knock it up sounds like a decent cheap option.

Comment

If its a simple square facade type of design you can lasercut parts and glue them together.

Comment

We do a LOT of that type of work. Cost is based on scale and how much detail is needed? The easiest solution is like artmaknev suggested above, just laser cutting parts and glueing/painting. 3D printing can get very expensive depending on scale and detail level required. In the end it's all about timeline and budget.
            Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
            Midwest Studios

Comment

We've used Hobs Reprographics in the UK. I just exported my Max model as an STL file and they did the rest. I can give you the details for the guy we speak to if you want.
              Dan Brew

Comment

Working...
              X