No Shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Shadows

I received a request for quote and it stated that it's very important to remove all shadows! They follow with, "it's known practice in real estate photography to be shadow free". i can almost predict the outcome on this one.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

lol seriously? Good luck with that one Bobby, without shadows it will look very flat. I would be asking for an example to look at of what they want so you can get an idea of what they think they want. :P
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Awesome! Diffuse filter element for them so

Comment

It's a trap!
        Colin Senner

Comment

"we need to eliminate the shadows in future productions" I did a job for them before.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

there's a lot of nasty real estate photography around, especially lower end stuff - they are probably referring to that sort of look.

Sounds like you have plenty of work these days Bobby - stay away from em!
            www.peterguthrie.net
            www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
            www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Can you use at least "half a shadow" ?

Comment

I said that I'll do my best. I explained that no shadows happen in two ways. One, an overcast day and two, light behind the camera; both make for a flat image.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

photographers often use loads of hidden fill lights to get rid of strong shadows.
                  www.peterguthrie.net
                  www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
                  www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Its actually a great opportunity to use scanline render (with omni lights)!
                    Last edited by artmaknev; 20-03-2015, 12:57 PM.

Comment

It seems like educating the client in this case will not be an option. Based on their phrasing of their request that you eliminate the shadows alone, I would let it slide. They sound pretentious and you should probably steer them to someone else provided you have enough work.
                      Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by artmaknev View Post
                        LOL that brings back horrifying memories :P

On the other side you could always try using an overcast lighting setup, or just the vray ambient light.
                        Cheers,
                        -dave
                        ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by artmaknev View Post
                          Hahahaha! Hahahaha!

Comment

Maybe they just want AO only (or dome light). But that is absurd. No photographer worth his lens cap would ever make a photo with no shadows... They are likely just concerned about strong shadows under things, which are commonly filled in with extra frontal fill (which looks like crap, but of well).

Comment

Ask for an example and post it here. I'd love to see just what a "real-estate" image looks like to them.
                              www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X