Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray.info Problems ?

Hi Everybody !

Firstly, i would like to thank all of you that makes this forum so fantastic
    to all the peoples here that shares their knowledes.It's the best i've ever seen.
    It's my first post here and i hope you will excuse me if it's the wrong place to post ...
    As so many people are talking about vray.info , i tried to connect
    but it's now almost 6 months that i can't access this site
    Is there something wrong with it ? i only manage to view the main page via google but i can't open the others pages and it's a pain cause there seems to be so informations over there ....
    By advance thanks to all of your responses and once again thanks you for this great forum !!
    (excuse my poor english )

Amicalement
    Hervé

hi and welcome ..
    the site seems to be fine, i geuss the guy's maybe updating the site for the new release.
    but it all seems fine to me
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Up until today, I too have had problems accessing vray.info. Seems my my broadband internet provider wasn't able to route to the site directly.

Instead I was able to find an alternative route to it by going to www.anonymizer.com and accessing the vray.info site from there. Type the vray.info URL into the text field at the top of the anonymizer homepage.

Prior to that I was using the translate facility on altavista just because it could access vray.info when my ISP couldn't. Type the URL into the 'translate webpage' field and choose tranlate from something like chinese, to your chosen language.

Hope this works for you.

sven

Comment

Wow thank you - Yeah I have the same problem with Tiscali.

Its VERY slow but is showing something - just no pictures at the moment.
        Wonder why our ISP's are being stupid ?

Comment

WOW !
          So fast answers ! i knew that i could count on you
          You Guys are GREAT !
          i could at last access with the tips of Sven going to www.anonymiser.com

i have no words to thank you !! (imagine after 6 months and after 5mn it's working !!)

THANKS very much !!

Thank to you Natty also !!

Amicalement
          Hervé

Comment

Glad to be of service.

Funny you should mention Tiscali, OmeN, that's who I'm with.
            I could access vray.info through my old tiscali 56k modem dialup, but their broadband service must be setup differently as it can't find vray.info.

Odd thing is, this thread made me check the vray.info url directly today, and for the first time ever tiscali broadband was able to reach it. Bizarre.

Comment

hmmm

Well glad i wasnt the only person suffering - I thought that vray.info went down months ago - lol

HOLY crap your right - I can view the page properly as well now...
              Maybe they did something after all the emails i sent

Comment

I had the same problem-and anonymizer works but you cannot download from the site. so I was never able to download egz materials

Comment

Hi Giraffe ,

Same problem for me .
                  And it blocks all the links for the examples et many of images..
                  It can't be perfect.......i still don't understand why i can't connect
                  in the "normal" way ...

Amicalement
                  Hervé

Comment

Have you tried the alternative method I mentioned using altavista.com's tranlate facility?

Go here: http://babelfish.altavista.com/ and type vray.info into the "translate a webpage" text field. choose something like chinese to english and click on translate.

I've just tried it and it seems to work, I even managed to download egz materials from it, which worked, although it renamed the files to "trurl_pagecontent.zip"

Again, it may not be a perfect solution., but its gotta be worth trying.

I remember reading an web article/thread on why some people had probelms accessing the site, and the repsonse seemed to be that it was "down to the ISP, therefore you should complain to your internet provider and get them to add the relevant domain info so their network can access the site."
                    Or something like that. I can't find the article, and my technical knowledge is lacking, so the above is based on memory.

Comment

Working...
                    X