No announcement yet.

Imported Body Objects - How to clean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's fantastic news! It's probably the direct connect translator used by showcase and a couple of other Autodesk products. I look forward to getting my hands on Max2016 and giving it a go! When is the release date?
    Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
    Midwest Studios

Comment

Originally posted by thablanch View Post
      Now that we can talk about 3dsMax 2016
      You'll find in there a brand new step importer that does an amazing job. The possibility to import directly as a mesh, with some preset easy slider, or import as body Objects, as you were used to. It is great. I can load 1.7GB step file, and wait a little, and have a perfect mesh, automatically, each time ( at least all the ones I imported up to now) Saved tons of time transferring stuff.
      The dev. on this was great.
      I cant wait to play with this!!
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Keeps the instances of bolts and stuff like this.
        Axis at the good place, on the good local. A huge time saver for importing the geometry, but also for the manipulation after.
        Alain Blanchette
        www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Originally posted by thablanch View Post
          Keeps the instances of bolts and stuff like this.
          Axis at the good place, on the good local. A huge time saver for importing the geometry, but also for the manipulation after.
          Does it also maintain the naming of the objects/meshes from Solidworks to Max?
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

My sources are not solid works (usually) But it maintains the Catia Naming and, from the very few experiences importing solid works, the naming remains, the <layer> or <scene explorer> keeps the logic.
            Alain Blanchette
            www.pixistudio.com

Comment

All of this is FANTASTIC news! Especially the local axis for manipulation after the fact. I wrote a script to help "properly" position the pivot point for adjustments after import.

Our sources are the following, UX, Inventor, Catia, and Solidworks, with a few other random programs too. STEP hasn't been my go to choice for many, many reasons, but this just may sway my decision. It REALLY sucks I don't have access to this right now! I have a HUGE project that I need to start today or tomorrow dealing with a problematic STEP file that I would like to NOT have to manually edit "back into shape". It would save me DAYS worth of work. Checking my subscription page hourly to excessive!? Hahahaha
              Last edited by Donald2B; 13-04-2015, 08:00 AM. Reason: Prematurely posted! ;)
              Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
              Midwest Studios

Comment

Working...
              X