renderman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renderman

Anyone else getting tired of friends sending the "Pixars renderman is free" posts on facebook over and over again?

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

I have seen it posted everywhere.

Originally posted by Da_elf View Post
    Anyone else getting tired of friends sending the "Pixars renderman is free" posts on facebook over and over again?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

One more reason not to have a Facebook account then Technically, it is free only for non-commercial purposes. I am guessing though, that very few people will actually bother with the last part of that statement - which was probably Pixar's intention anyways...

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Last edited by vlado; 30-03-2015, 10:06 AM.
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yup I have to agree on both accounts, FB is getting over dramatic and annoying. And nothing is really "free" in regards to renderman as Im sure their lawyers made sure of that in the EULA
        Cheers,
        -dave
        â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

where does renderman stand in speed, features and quality these days though

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

Download it for FREE and try it out!
            It is FREE FREE FREEEEEEEEEEEE!
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

they have a max port? i thought it was only maya.

Comment

Yeah Maya only at this stage.
                Max port "possibly" in the works.
                But it is FREE!
                No steak knives though
                Chris Jackson
                Shiftmedia
                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf View Post
                  where does renderman stand in speed, features and quality these days though
                  My first impression are that raw ray tracing speed appears to be somewhat slower than V-Ray; feature-wise the things you would expect in terms of lights and materials, AA sampling are there, but I haven't had a lot of time to do a more full comparison. Displacement seems to need a bit more work. Stability of the Maya integration also needs more work (it crashed on me a few times). However there's a lot more things that matter in an actual production environment - Alembic integration, volumes, memory and texture efficiency, motion blur speed etc and I haven't really looked into those.

This is only about the RIS renderer; I haven't touched the REYES one.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  Last edited by vlado; 31-03-2015, 12:43 AM.
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                  X