No announcement yet.

I'm finally posting some vray work....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm finally posting some vray work....

Hi everyone. I was wondering, if it's not too much to ask, if i could get some opinions on my reel. Theres a lot of talent in this forum and i would like to find out what you guys think. I have been a Vray pro user from day1 but have never posted much and so i figured i would show a bit of my work off. Half of the animations are for fun, the others are for clients, all done by moi and a lot done in Vray. Thanks guys, and dont be shy, critisise away.
    The download is 11Mb by the way.

http://www.khachfe.com/marcsreel.mov

Regards,

Marc
    -------------------------------------------------------

"...and we all know how paintful THAT can be, don't we?"

very very nice reel... My only feeling was that it was a little too long, especially for a personal reel. I would have removed some of the shots that I feel would have impressed future clients the least.

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Excellent

very cool

i love the animation's beetle

Congrats

Vince
      Architecture & design Sàrl
      global solution for architecture
      www.architecture-design.ch

Comment

There's a lot of great work in there. I especially love the 'fluid' scenes. And I don't think it's too long- if it's a pitch to a client (or a reel for a resume) I think they would be impressed by your diversity and time spent making these projects. You must have a ton of footage that you haven't incnluded...
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments guys. I tend to agree with Percy, it's a bit too long. I am going to remove the space scene with the lightning bolt as well as cut the shot of the letters coming through the paper a bit shorter, hopefully reduce it all by about 20-30secs. The Vray shots were the Beetle, the Head & Shoulders shot, The BT showroom, The engine, the windmill shot and the Y&R shot.
          I quit my job of 5 years not ling ago to go freelance (and boy is it scary), and since i havnt had to do reel for so long, i just needed some advice. Thanks again guys.

Vince: i will try to post the whole of the beetle animation soon. I just have to get it from my old employers.

Marc
          -------------------------------------------------------

"...and we all know how paintful THAT can be, don't we?"

Comment

Working...
          X