Any tips/tricks ? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips/tricks ? Help!

I am working on a project where i am asked to do 3d floor plans with site (See attached). Site is very heavy with lot of plants, trees & Displacement on ground etc.. If i render site + ground floor , Is there any way to render other floors without rendering the site again ( So that i can merge site from previous ground floor render in photoshop later? ) I am aware that there is a 'render selected' option in new vray but i dont have vray 3.0 Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	block2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	498.2 KB
ID:	881563
    Last edited by prateekvishwa; 06-04-2015, 05:17 AM.
    Prateek Vishwa
    sigpic
    www.prateekvishwa.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/PVDS/161239543925007

i think wrong section.. this post should go to "render theory" .. any way to move it or shall i repost?
    Prateek Vishwa
    sigpic
    www.prateekvishwa.com

Comment

example of how i have to render each floor
      Attached Files
      Prateek Vishwa
      sigpic
      www.prateekvishwa.com

Comment

the V-Ray Clipper might get the desired effect you are looking for.
        Cheers,
        -dave
        â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

Yes - VrayClipper will be useful to cut the building but I believe that the prateekvishwa would like to pre-render the site and then to only render specific floors of the building instead the whole thing again.
          This is possible of course and there are several ways to do it, each of them have some pros and cons.

The easiest way would be to just hide everything, render the floor separately and then merge the result with the pre-rendered site. This would be the fastest approach but you will lose some data like Reflection/Refraction/GI from the site to the floor.

A more clever approach would be to make the site invisible to camera - with that setup V-Ray will be able to pick all the necessary information like Reflection/Refraction/GI and etc from the site when calculating the floor but it won't render that information for the camera.

Another setup would be to set site-object to be Matte-Surface - this setup is useful if the floor-pass is covered somehow from objects in the already calculated site. For example if the tree covers a part of the floor which is to be calculated.
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
            I believe that the prateekvishwa would like to pre-render the site and then to only render specific floors of the building instead the whole thing again.
            Yes this is exactly what i want. I have around 7 blocks in the site. Each block is 3 or 4 storey except few which are only 2 storey. I have separate file for each block each storey i.e Block1_gf.max and so on.. & a separate file for landscape. While rendering i take landscape.max as base & then i xref which ever file i need to render.

I tried excluding landscape from camera but I dont know how can i create matt surface without merging the block model as it is xreferenced ( i dont want to merge as these are very complex files with many furniture etc which are from revit.. , some how i am not even able to create a group of it so that i can delete later ( in case i merge)... a complete mess in short! which is why i want to avoid merging..
            Last edited by prateekvishwa; 06-04-2015, 12:27 PM.
            Prateek Vishwa
            sigpic
            www.prateekvishwa.com

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post
              the V-Ray Clipper might get the desired effect you are looking for.
              If i am not wrong , Vray clipper is a feature of vray3.0 , i have not yet upgraded to vray 3.0. Also, client doesnt want entire floor to be cut at one level. i.e different level of walls & Roof at some places.. see attached.
              Attached Files
              Prateek Vishwa
              sigpic
              www.prateekvishwa.com

Comment

Originally posted by prateekvishwa View Post
                Yes this is exactly what i want. I have around 7 blocks in the site. Each block is 3 or 4 storey except few which are only 2 storey. I have separate file for each block each storey i.e Block1_gf.max and so on.. & a separate file for landscape. While rendering i take landscape.max as base & then i xref which ever file i need to render.

I tried excluding landscape from camera but I dont know how can i create matt surface without merging the block model as it is xreferenced ( i dont want to merge as these are very complex files with many furniture etc which are from revit.. , some how i am not even able to create a group of it so that i can delete later ( in case i merge)... a complete mess in short! which is why i want to avoid merging..
                3DSMax doesn't allow setting properties of XRef scenes so there are two ways to set objects to be Matte-Surface.
                1.Use XRef Object instead XRef Scene - XRef Object will allow you not only to reference external scene but also to modify it and make eventing matte-surface.
                2.Prepare two versions of each scene which needs to be mate-surface. Then when you would like to render a specific scene as a matte-surface just swap the Xref files and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by prateekvishwa View Post
                  If i am not wrong , Vray clipper is a feature of vray3.0 , i have not yet upgraded to vray 3.0. Also, client doesnt want entire floor to be cut at one level. i.e different level of walls & Roof at some places.. see attached.
                  VRayClipper is a feature of V-Ray 3.x yes.
                  It is also possible to use Multiple VRayClippers to clip each or group of objects into different levels.

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
                    3DSMax doesn't allow setting properties of XRef scenes so there are two ways to set objects to be Matte-Surface.
                    1.Use XRef Object instead XRef Scene - XRef Object will allow you not only to reference external scene but also to modify it and make eventing matte-surface.
                    2.Prepare two versions of each scene which needs to be mate-surface. Then when you would like to render a specific scene as a matte-surface just swap the Xref files and that's it.
                    I think this will work for me! Thanks a lot!
                    Prateek Vishwa
                    sigpic
                    www.prateekvishwa.com

Comment

Let us know if you have any difficulties with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X