Asset Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset Library

Lesson learned. A current client wanted to pick the furniture I use on his project. I sent him to 3dsky.org, which is my current favorite place to buy things. Currently, for this project, I spent a few hundred on some things. Well, I got his bookmarks.... over $1000 of things he wants to see on his project. Lucky, the price we agreed on for the project warrants it, but I'll probably not do it again. Or, have them buy on their dime. What do you guys do? Do you budget for new assets, like I do on projects, or do you pick from their stock library and have them buy anything above and beyond what you have?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

In my case third party assets are always extra and the client puts the money up front for them as I don't buy them otherwise.
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Let's say that your definition of modern is different than theirs and you don't have anything that they like?

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post
      In my case third party assets are always extra and the client puts the money up front for them as I don't buy them otherwise.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

This is a tricky one. Client generally pays for objects (third party/selfmade) they asked for specifically. Especially if those wishes aren't part of the original contract.

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
        Let's say that your definition of modern is different than theirs and you don't have anything that they like?
        Usually I ask for examples of what look they're going for beforehand. Or I'll send reference material myself, so we have something to talk about. But this is usually done before the costs inside the contract are finalized and I begin to work.

*sidenote* I'm not doing archviz that often so what I wrote is just based on the few jobs I had.
        Last edited by Mokiki; 10-04-2015, 04:38 PM.
        Cheers,
        Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

I was in the same boat on one of my projects, it was approaching the due date and client asked me if I have 3d library of furniture they can use, I gave them designconnected and turbosquid links as well as 3dsky, they picked a bunch of stuff worth over $1200! It was late into the project after they signed the contract which didn't specify any costs regarding outside expenses for furniture downloads and such... I revised the contract since then, but at least I now have a bunch of furniture I can reuse again!

Comment

Yes. it's nice to refresh my library
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
              whether I have the models or not, off the start I request to see some sort of example of what they are looking for as far as style of furniture. From there if I dont have what they want in stock then either they or myself finds furniture from external sources and take it from there.
              Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

But, 'modern' is subjective. They said modern and I do have modern furniture. What they really meant was IKEA stuff. Anyway, I just filled up my 3DSKY bucket, so I can pick from my clients shopping cart (bookmarks).
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

custom furniture is a separate part of our pricing. we'll model a few pieces no charge, but if there are 15 odd pieces of antiques we have to model from a small crap photo then they're getting billed for it. if we can buy something it works out much better for us, but usually for the most part we cant.

Comment

If you didn't know... some nice (and free) outdoor ikea furniture...
                    http://www.proviz.info/blog3dfreemodels
                    paolo vaja
                    www.3d-arch.it

Comment

Yes. I have these
                      Originally posted by paolo242 View Post
                      If you didn't know... some nice (and free) outdoor ikea furniture...
                      http://www.proviz.info/blog3dfreemodels
                      Bobby Parker
                      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...